Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Hosting  (Read 3466 times)

DeeJay

Web Hosting
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:48:47 pm »

Can you recommend excellent web hosting?

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
Re: Web Hosting
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:56:21 pm »

Do you know if you need your own server or a shared server?  And what platform?

Some companies specialize in certain platforms and if you can find one of these you'll get great support because its all they do.  I use this company because they support my platform.  Before I went with them I was using my own server and was never happy with the performance.  Talking with their techs who had looked at my site they told me a shared server at a lot less money (over your own server) would do the job fine.  So.. I zipped it up and sent it to them and they did the initial installation for free.. and now it performs great.  They're more than a Godaddy hosting plan and many others, but every time I've had an issue they're on it in minutes.. so you're paying for the support as well.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

DeeJay

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 05:17:29 pm »

Thanks very much, not heard of that one. Will check it out. Should have also stated that I would prefer a UK company so as to keep latency down and also support is easier. Looking for reliability rather than budget too.

Thanks

DeeJay

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:46:55 am »

I've heard nothing but praise for Zen.

http://www.zen.co.uk/business/hosting-and-domains/

Brilliant, yes you're right everyone says good things about them, I had forgotten about them.

Cheers,

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 06:09:18 pm »

I can highly recommend siteground.  I have nearly 30 clients hosted by them, including one with nearly 2600 active members.

They'll host zen, joomla, drupal, wordpress, etc.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 08:18:00 am »

I use justhost for my sites. Never had an issue in two years. I live in India, and they are a US-based company.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up