Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Mamiya 645 to 4x5 -- Stitching / Sliding Adapter  (Read 1354 times)

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
FS: Mamiya 645 to 4x5 -- Stitching / Sliding Adapter
« on: July 02, 2011, 07:31:23 am »

Selling my sliding / stitching adapter for Mamiya 645 mount onto 4x5. It was custom made for me per my own design. I have used it very little by mounting my 28MP Leaf Aptus 65 onto my Shen-Hao.

Condition is as New. Please note that this is a HIGHER quality adapter than the low priced ones from China sold on Ebay. I was simply picky and demanding  ;D.

Please note that it features a LARGE 118mm x 80mm Maxwell Hi-Lux groundglass focus screen (which is $$) on which the frame marks can be changed/remade using a sharpie marker and they clean off easily from the glass using alcohol with no marks left. And... that this is the largest groundglass I seen on such an adapter... enabling viewing of full width of stitch for composition!

The sliding is to a tolerance of approximately 0.07mm which has been sufficient for use with my Schneider 72mm XL and Rodenstock 150mm Sironar-N (both non digital). When using my Schneider 58mm XL it was difficult to achieve focus and I am uncertain if this was due to details on groundglass were simply too small or due to focus on my Shen-Hao was not as exact (due lesser depth of focus for wide angle), or simply because the tolerance of stitching adapter sliding. I recommend it for use with similar to my 72mm and 150mm or longer lenses. The adapter was optimized for my back, but assuming another back is within same tolerances there should be no need to shim it.

The Mamiya 645 mount is also custom made. A strong pulling or slamming on back can thus make back come off. That is a mere disclaimer, since... obvious one should not make such to a digital back anyways...

And yes, the Mamiya 645 mounting plate can be removed and rotated. Thus shimming could per say be made if one would need both under groundglass or mounting plate if at all necessary. I did not shim when using it and will guess that it would not be necessary unless a back is out of tolerance.

This is a one of a kind and with large and bright groundglass.

My selling price is a mere 695 USD, hoping it will go to a happy home! Shipping is additional by insured EMS which is fast and secure from Hong Kong. Payment by PayPal or tele transfer.

Please message me with questions.  :)

Regards
Anders

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Re: FS: Mamiya 645 to 4x5 -- Stitching / Sliding Adapter
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:27:24 pm »

BUMP!  :)

Added info:

It measures less than 325mm in length without sliding extended.

It is fabricated of duralumin or aircraft grade aluminum which is a form stable, very strong and rigid material of LOW weight (not to be confused with aluminum which is soft and less form stable). Without a scale around I can safely state that the adapter does not weight much and is light to carry. Most of its weight is due to the large and bright Maxwell groundglass.

Based on above, I am frank selling it too cheap but wish it find a good home with good use! I no longer use Mamiya mount and have changed to Leaf Afi-II 12.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:17:14 pm by Anders_HK »

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Re: FS: Mamiya 645 to 4x5 -- Stitching / Sliding Adapter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:01:46 pm »

BUMP again!  ;D

Made to high precision and design!

$$$ + Large Maxwell GG!

Top quality materials!

Lowest weight!

LOW PRICE
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:03:43 pm by Anders_HK »