Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genuine Fractals 5 software - unused  (Read 1807 times)

hencha

Genuine Fractals 5 software - unused
« on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:44 pm »

Genuine Fractals from onOne Software - I bought it from B&H some time ago for something I had planned to do, which never materialized. Have kept it since then in my desk drawer (actually forgot about it for quite a while...). It was NEVER OPENED and is still in its original plastic wrapping. I presently have no need of it and if anyone can use it, $30 will get it "Priority mailed" to you !  Call Henry 561-523-0294
hencha

stevebri

Re: Genuine Fractals 5 software - unused
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:38:16 pm »

Hi Henry,

Is it the standard or Pro version...?  I was am just about to buy it...

Steve

hencha

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:30:20 am »

Hello Steve, just saw your query... The box says simply: "Genuine Fractals 5 for Adobe Photoshop - The industry standard for image enlargement".  I believe it is a standard version, as it does NOT say anything about 'pro' anywhere on the box / packaging.

Henry
hencha

stevebri

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 03:14:23 pm »

Thanks Henry,

With your stuff the upgrade will cost another $100 and it's only $160 new.

However more to the point I'm not 100% happy with the software that I am trialling ..

From my experience and now tech support have confirmed this, GF which is now called Perfect Resize 7, does not enlarge images when you are working from a catalogue in Lightroom 3.  So imagine, you are having an exhibition, you pic 20 images from various folders and create a collection, so you don't have to go hunting in all those folders again.  You ask it to rez them up and they don't appear... you have to go back into each folder to 'fine' your new bigger file, quite a pain.

Also, typical of the latest 'spin' from OnOne, it says it works within Lightroom, like they said with 'layers' and it doesn't, it opens up a program and when you ask it to batch 5 or 20 files, it opens the program 5 or 20 times... still very rough around the edges to be calling itself a batch processor and calling itself a Lightroom plugin..

Sorry if this has gone off topic but I'd rather you all get to share the annoyances I've had to go through...

Best,

Steve

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 03:19:53 pm »

Thanks Henry,

You must not be a very welcome visitor at any store...

stevebri

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 05:00:16 pm »

feppe, feel free to explain...?

I am happy with Henry's price etc, no problem and he was kind enough to come back to me... The reason i didn't buy was not because of H or his price, it was because the product isn't working very well, or not working as expected.

If you didn't get that in my long reply to Henry, maybe go read it again a couple of times. But to call me what you did.. well, as I said... please explain.

S

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 06:49:05 pm »

feppe, feel free to explain...?

This is a "For Sale" sub-forum, not "Forum Members' Reviews" sub-forum. I would consider it rude if a stranger barged in while I'm closing a deal and started badmouthing my product.

stevebri

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »

Feppe,

That's actually a fair point however GF 5 is in no way the same product as Perfect Resize 7.

I have been using earlier version of GF for years and and off and it is a solid performer, GF5 even has the later algorithm and much faster processing.
My gripe was with the later version's interface and you are right, it shouldn't have been posted here..

To (try) to make amends and help Henry, here is a link to a great review of GF5...
http://www.designpreference.com/reviews/software/genuinefractals5.html

Henry's price is a steal... in fact Henry... I'll take it... if you are still talking to me...  :-[

Steve

hencha

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 10:08:34 am »

Hello... I understand the situation. Software interfacing can be frustrating, especially when processing photos from a more or less professional standpoint (I am not a pro myself...). This thing has been sitting here, unused for so long and that is the main reason for offering it here...

Call me directly at the number in my original post and we'll set up something...  Tks  Henry
hencha

stevebri

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 02:14:54 pm »

The deal is done,

Thanks Henry
Pages: [1]   Go Up