Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK blad ??  (Read 5978 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: UK blad ??
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 10:10:46 am »

I do hope David is still with us/Hasselblad to explain what's going on.

My big worry is when capital investment companies take over its all about how much they can screw out of a company before they move onto the next struggling victim. I doubt very much they have the slightest interest in Photography but know full well the value of the "Hasselblad" brand.  I just hope this is all genuine and they do invest in new technologies rather than trim down to maximise profit which ultimately means the end of Hasselblad.

Of course I am still here.  As is everybody else in the company.

Considering that you feel we are doing so badly, surely then what could be left to "screw" out of us?

There is no trimming that I have personally witnessed and I have already had extra staff join me in my department.  As has Sales, R&D and Marketing, not without significant cost.

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

gazwas

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 10:21:53 am »

Of course I am still here.  As is everybody else in the company.

Considering that you feel we are doing so badly, surely then what could be left to "screw" out of us?

There is no trimming that I have personally witnessed and I have already had extra staff join me in my department.  As has Sales, R&D and Marketing, not without significant cost.

David

That's good the hear and I hope HB goes from strength to strength under its new owners.

Being a discussion forum, its a place to express ones feelings about this kind of stuff. This is just the feeling I get which is shared by other photographers I know. I don't know the true position HB is in but my opinion is based on a result of the way your company and products are marketed to me and my photographer friends.

If your already doing very well, the extra money and people power in the key departments you listed above will only strengthen your market position and I look forward to seeing new things very soon.  :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:34:07 am by gazwas »
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

design_freak

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 10:40:06 am »

Good to know that everything returns to normal
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 10:56:58 am »

The reason why you see so much information from the UK as I assume it is in your local language and market.  Are you subscribing to emails from Hasselblad Germany and Hasselblad France?  Hasselblad in Korea?  Japan?  etc etc...

It's all about the information posted on www.hasselblad.com not www.hasselblad.co.uk. It is not also a subscription newsletters. (Local)
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 11:01:34 am »

But now everything is clear. The idea was to attract investors. In principle, we can end this topic.
Best regards,
DF

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 12:04:17 pm »

But now everything is clear. The idea was to attract investors. In principle, we can end this topic.

I doubt, you´ll be able to, but PLEASE.

design_freak

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 12:41:42 pm »

Its more important that Hasselblad shows a public face that its business as usual!

Don't you think that's obvious when they announce a new distribution deal a day or two before the company is sold off? As a prospective/current customer, the procurement of a new distribution deal signals HB is on the up. This then softens the blow that they were in fact up for sale.

Like I said, its just PR.

I agree. It's what they did best illustrates this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n1RwWpxdzM&feature=player_embedded

The most important for me is the fact that the brand will survive.
Best regards,
DF
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up