Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: UK blad ??  (Read 5981 times)

design_freak

UK blad ??
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:15:35 am »

http://www.hasselblad.com/news/broncolor-turns-to-hasselblad-for-its-uk-distribution.aspx

Soon they will say that this is an attack :P
Everybody knows who I am :-).
I believe that this time they made a good move. But the hell the world does not end with the UK!!!
 ... It already takes the name of a disease.

My question is whether this action will cover the whole world or just the UK? Does that mean a collaboration between the companies goes over the distribution in the UK? If only the UK, whether this information has any relevance to the user such as New York or Tokyo?  In my humble opinion this is not information that is world class. You should put this information on www.hasselblad.co.uk

User interested in new products, new developments. And not what is happening in the UK. There are yet other Distributors in UK/the world ( other that The Pro Centre), why not have information such as what happens in Milan? I did not read the information that such a dealer in Moscow, has a new larger office? Unless the company headquarters will soon be moved to London, it would explained everything.

Best regards,
Design Freak

Best regards,
DF

design_freak

Re: UK blad ??
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:27:10 am »

On the www.broncolor.com does not even mention of this extremely important event ...
Best regards,
DF

gazwas

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 03:59:20 am »

Don't know what you're so upset about?  ???

Hasselblad is the new distributer in the UK for Broncolor (which has a very poor presence in the UK)...... END OF STORY!

There is nothing else to read into this press release and certainly nothing to get so worked up about. Phase One has ties with Profoto so Hasselblad obviously wanted a connection to a top tier flash manufacturer as well. In the past when Hasselblad could be bothered to go to trade shows in the UK, their stand was always shared with Broncolor so not sure what's different as I always thought HUK had a connection to Bron.

IMO Hasselblad has lost much ground to Phase in the UK. Their refusal to attend the large Photo shows in the UK may have backfired as Phase always attend and this is just an attempt to get some press exposure and nothing more.
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:40:20 am »

Big photo shows?  I assume you are referring to Focus?  This is the same show Canon also chose not to attend.

The savings made (alone) from not attending Focus, paid for the Hasselblad studio in London.  Which is a better resource and use of funds?

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

gazwas

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:00:20 am »

The savings made (alone) from not attending Focus, paid for the Hasselblad studio in London.  Which is a better resource and use of funds?

Yes, a much better use of funds but it doesn't help sell cameras outside of london and doesn't create hype amongst amateurs about the Hasselblad brand. The David Bailey image of hasselblad won't live forever. Hype is something Phase on do very well and it ultimately raises expectations of their brand.

If Hasselblad in the UK is booming then obviously I'm wrong but I've a good feeling I'm not.

design_freak

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 05:08:47 am »

As I wrote, I believe that cooperation is a good move. Annoying is something else entirely.
UK is not the center of the world, certainly not the photographic world. Other countries do not exist?
if they were messages from headquarters ...
But we are inundated with information from the UK, unfortunately the information irrelevant to the user of the brand. (ex. a user from Miami).
The important message was to announce the new lens, new technology, new solution. The strategy for the future, something that would cause the present or future user be interested in.

Phase One has always been a market leader, not only in the UK. Hasselblad for the merit of the charismatic Christian Poulsen is now at a comparable level. Unfortunately, without the Lord Christian Poulsen this company is no longer the same company. Just like Apple without Steve Jobs. All of his ideas have just been implemented, but what's next?
Best regards,
DF

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 05:16:00 am »

Phase One has ties with Profoto so Hasselblad obviously wanted a connection to a top tier flash manufacturer as well. In the past when Hasselblad could be bothered to go to trade shows in the UK, their stand was always shared with Broncolor so not sure what's different as I always thought HUK had a connection to Bron.

No dog in this race but Hassleblad UK was the Profoto distributor until a few years ago and still (not for long I guess) share the same building in Elstree...

BTW Bron, at least in London, has got some good presence via Peartree
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

gazwas

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 05:21:52 am »

UK is not the center of the world, certainly not the photographic world. Other countries do not exist?
if they were messages from headquarters ...
But we are inundated with information from the UK, unfortunately the information irrelevant to the user of the brand. (ex. a user from Miami).

I think much information is coming from the UK because it's one traditionally strong market that is floundering under pressure from other players. Phase has Profoto links so HUK wants to push a partnership with an equally (more) exotic flash brand.

Still don't see why is really matters though. I shoot Phase but don't own a single piece of Profoto gear. If I lived in Miami the fact that Hasselblad was a distributer for Broncolor wouldn't effect my decision to buy flash brand x or y.

Its all just PR...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:25:12 am by gazwas »

design_freak

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 12:01:02 pm »

I'm sure everyone here knows that Mr Freak has Hasselblad's best interests at heart.

Thanks for the reminder. I think nobody has doubts about it  ;)
Best regards,
DF

Chris Livsey

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 02:45:39 am »

The David Bailey image of hasselblad won't live forever.

When I think of a camera brand and David Bailey in the UK I think of Olympus, but that's just my age  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1jUXC6858

gazwas

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 08:10:11 am »

Oh dear its was worse than I thought...... Hasselblad has been sold off.  ???

http://www.ventizz.de/en/pm110630.php

Hopefully this will give them a much needed capital investment to produce some great new product innovations.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:11:45 am by gazwas »

design_freak

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 08:38:41 am »

And this is the information that is relevant for the company and its users. Unfortunately, at www.hasselblad.com there is no mention about this. and now when the information is pretty damn important - nothing but silence. Does anyone understand this?
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 09:00:44 am »

Oh dear its was worse than I thought...... Hasselblad has been sold off.  ???

http://www.ventizz.de/en/pm110630.php

Hopefully this will give them a much needed capital investment to produce some great new product innovations.

That is why they flooded us the marketing pulp.
They created the illusion that something is going to raise capital. Enjoy only that they were able to do so.
Best regards,
DF

JV

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 09:04:45 am »

design_freak, it is mentioned under the press releases:
http://press.hasselblad.com/press-releases/press-releases-2011.aspx
could you please please stop your incessant moaning, complaining and bitching about hasselblad, it is getting quite boring.
I believe we all get it now that hasselblad did you wrong in the past and that you want to get back at them

design_freak

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 09:21:26 am »

design_freak, it is mentioned under the press releases:
http://press.hasselblad.com/press-releases/press-releases-2011.aspx
could you please please stop your incessant moaning, complaining and bitching about hasselblad, it is getting quite boring.
I believe we all get it now that hasselblad did you wrong in the past and that you want to get back at them
But in "NEWS" still more important is "broncolor turns to Hasselblad for its UK distribution"
How do you think? What is more important?
Best regards,
DF

gazwas

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 09:22:31 am »

I do hope David is still with us/Hasselblad to explain what's going on.

My big worry is when capital investment companies take over its all about how much they can screw out of a company before they move onto the next struggling victim. I doubt very much they have the slightest interest in Photography but know full well the value of the "Hasselblad" brand.  I just hope this is all genuine and they do invest in new technologies rather than trim down to maximise profit which ultimately means the end of Hasselblad.

gazwas

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 09:29:47 am »

But in "NEWS" still more important is "broncolor turns to Hasselblad for its UK distribution"
How do you think? What is more important?

Its more important that Hasselblad shows a public face that its business as usual!

Don't you think that's obvious when they announce a new distribution deal a day or two before the company is sold off? As a prospective/current customer, the procurement of a new distribution deal signals HB is on the up. This then softens the blow that they were in fact up for sale.

Like I said, its just PR.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:31:23 am by gazwas »

design_freak

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 09:33:50 am »

I do hope David is still with us/Hasselblad to explain what's going on.

My big worry is when capital investment companies take over its all about how much they can screw out of a company before they move onto the next struggling victim. I doubt very much they have the slightest interest in Photography but know full well the value of the "Hasselblad" brand.  I just hope this is all genuine and they do invest in new technologies rather than trim down to maximise profit which ultimately means the end of Hasselblad.

I hope so too. I am emotionally connected with this brand. I keep my fingers crossed.
Best regards,
DF

gazwas

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 09:48:37 am »

I am emotionally connected with this brand.

You don't say as I hadn't noticed!   ::)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:33 am »

I think much information is coming from the UK because it's one traditionally strong market that is floundering under pressure from other players. Phase has Profoto links so HUK wants to push a partnership with an equally (more) exotic flash brand.

Still don't see why is really matters though. I shoot Phase but don't own a single piece of Profoto gear. If I lived in Miami the fact that Hasselblad was a distributer for Broncolor wouldn't effect my decision to buy flash brand x or y.

Its all just PR...

"Floundering Pressure"?

I would love to know where you get your "facts" from.

The reason why you see so much information from the UK as I assume it is in your local language and market.  Are you subscribing to emails from Hasselblad Germany and Hasselblad France?  Hasselblad in Korea?  Japan?  etc etc...

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up