Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-Rite i1Profiler 1.1.1  (Read 11748 times)

TylerB

• my photography
Re: X-Rite i1Profiler 1.1.1
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 09:43:55 pm »

Doyle, mind if I ask where you found this info? Would be great to know the 18 "issues".. apparently "known" to someone somewhere...
Tyler

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 09:51:08 pm »

Doyle, mind if I ask where you found this info? Would be great to know the 18 "issues".. apparently "known" to someone somewhere...
Tyler

It is in the release notes for 1.1.1.

I do not know if this is i1Profiler update to 1.1.1 related or not but SpectraView II now hangs and will not go beyond the detecting displays screen.

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 10:04:14 pm »

I'm afraid I don't have one of those to verify that it hung or not before the update. I have not installed it yet, but for the Mac there is nothing but the installer, perhaps the notes become available during install. I have to admit I'm hesitant to run it...

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 10:04:28 pm »

I do not know if this is i1Profiler update to 1.1.1 related or not but SpectraView II now hangs and will not go beyond the detecting displays screen.

Now I don't think it had anything to do with i1Profiler. After I unplugged the USB cable from the Monitor and then plugged it back in, SpectraView II came back to life a is working okay.

Nigel Johnson

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 07:17:08 pm »

Tyler

EDIT: The release notes can now be found on the X-Rite website at http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1397&Action=support&SupportID=5503. I have left the following instructions that I previously posted for anyone who is interested. Nigel.

If you are on a Mac you can look in the installer file and find the release notes, to do this:

- Open up the i1Profiler.mpkg by right clicking (or ctrl clicking) on the file and selecting 'Show Package Contents' in the pull down menu - this will open a new window showing the contents of the .mpkg.
- Open the folder 'Contents' and then the folder 'Packages"
- Open the file called 'ReleaseNotes.pkg' by right clicking (ctrl clicking) and selecting 'Show Package Contents'
- Drag a copy of the file 'Archive.pax.gz' elsewhere on your disk (this will create a copy - you can now close all the windows that have been opened!)
- Finally double click on the 'Archive.pax.gz' file which should decompress it and create a folder called 'Archive'
- Within the 'Archive' folder are all the language versions of the release notes - the english ones have a filename that ends EN.pdf.

(This technique using 'Show Package Contents' works with most Mac installer packages but you need to check various files/folders within the package to find what you need - eg searching elsewhere in the package you can find the tif files for the 'Roman' images used to test monitor profiles.)

Regards
Nigel
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:34:34 pm by Nigel Johnson »

bossanova808

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 11:12:17 pm »

X-Rite i1Profiler 1.1.1 Release Notes

Minimum suggested hardware requirements:

Windows®:
Microsoft® Windows® XP® 32 bit (with latest Service Packs and updates installed) Microsoft® Windows Vista® 32 or 64 bit (with latest Service Packs and updates installed)
Microsoft®  Windows 7® 32 or 64 bit (with latest Service Packs and updates installed)
1GB RAM
Intel® Pentium® IV or AMD® Athlon® XP or better CPU
2GB of available disk space
Powered USB Port
Monitor resolution of 1024x768 pixels or higher
Dual display support requires either 2 video cards or a dual head video card that supports dual video LUTs being loaded
Network adaptor installed and driver loaded
DVD drive or High-speed internet connection required for software install, download and automatic software update

Macintosh®:
MacOS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.x (with the latest updates installed)
1GB RAM
Intel® Processor
2GB of available disk space
Powered USB Port
Monitor resolution of 1024x768 pixels or higher
Dual display support requires either 2 video cards or a dual head video card that supports dual video LUTs being loaded
DVD drive or High-speed internet connection required for software install, download and automatic software update

Installation and Registration

·   Administrative rights are required to install and uninstall the software.

·   Do not connect measurement devices until the software installation is complete.

·   The i1Display device must be connected in order to register the software. (I1Display users only.)

New for this Release

The following features and improvements have been added for this release:

·   Added the ability to do small (119), medium (220) and large (478) patch sets when doing advanced display calibration.

·   Added the ability to specify a target contrast ratio for the display to match the ICC standard PCS black point (287:1).

·   Added the ability to use the contrast ratio of a printer profile as the target contrast ration for a display profile.

·   Miscellaneous minor bug fixes.

Known Issues

The following issues are known to exist in the 1.1.1 release of i1Profiler.

·   Monitor calibration does not work when multiple monitors are in mirror mode (this issue affects Windows® installations only.)  Special Note: On Windows XP, if a display is removed from a system, the operating system will put the primary display in mirror mode even though the secondary display has been removed. In this case, the user will get an enumeration error. This error can be dismissed and the user will still be able to make a profile.

·   Windows 7 and Vista only - During monitor profile creation, you may see a message stating that the display’s color scheme is being changed. This is temporary to allow proper in-screen measurement. The display will be restored to its previous state after the measurements are completed.

·   You may not be able to load display LUTs if you are running Windows on a MacOS system using Parallels Desktop® or similar software.

·   i1Profiler can import CGATS measurement files from other applications. However, the color engine has been optimized to work with the patch sets generated within i1Profiler. The profile quality from profiles made entirely within the i1Profiler workflow will exceed profiles made from legacy charts and measurements. In the case of CMYK+N profiles, some legacy patch sets may not even build a profile successfully. It is strongly recommended that users build new charts within i1Profiler for CMYK+N profiling.

·   Although you can print test charts directly from i1Profiler, it is highly recommended that you save the chart as TIFF files and print from the application or applications in which you will be using the ICC profiles.

·   i1Profiler uses OpenGL to display the profile’s 3D gamut. If you encounter a problem with the gamut preview, make sure that your video card drivers are up to date.

·   i1Profiler does not support multiple connections of the same type of device (two i1Pro instruments for example.)

·   The application may lose its connection to a measurement device if the computer goes into sleep or hibernate mode. If this happens, disconnect and reconnect the device to restore the connection.

·   Installation of older applications that use the previous version of X-Rite Device Services may cause i1Profiler to not connect with devices or to not launch. If this occurs, reinstall i1Profiler to restore the latest Device Services.

·   If you encounter any problems connecting to your measurement device, please disconnect and reconnect the device to restore the connection.

·   Make sure your i1iSis power button is on when you connect the USB. If you connect with the button off, then turn the power on, the i1iSis will not be seen.

·   If optimizing a profile using an image or spot colors, adjust the margins of your chart to form a 2-row chart for the i1iO. Single row charts are not supported.

·   Cannot correctly optimize profiles made with the i1iSis in Dual (M0/M2) mode. When the optimization patch set is measured, the profile will be made with Single (M2) data even if the user correctly specified Dual for the optimization measurement.

·   CGATS files saved from i1Profiler conform to the CGATS.17 specification. These files may not work in older applications that conform to an earlier CGATS specification, for example MeasureTool.

·   i1Profiler uses the XRGA measurement specification. The application contains warnings and messages if a user imports non-XRGA data. Please note that performing the QA functions within i1Profiler with legacy data (this includes the standard Fogra and GRACol data included for Printer QA) will introduce a margin of error due to the differing calibration standards.

·   On the Home page of i1Profiler, there is a heading called 'Application Settings:'. This is where you select the measurement device for display profiling. (For users who have both the i1Display and the i1Pro.)

·   If you are using Ambient Smart Light Control when making your display profile, expect to get higher DeltaE values in Display QA. This function optimizes profiles for visual appearance based on measured ambient conditions not for minimal DeltaE.

·   The i1ProfilerTray application looks for connected displays at launch. If you disconnect or connect a display, the i1ProfilerTray will not see the change until it is restarted, the user logs out or the system is restarted. On Windows the i1ProfilerTray can be restarted from the Programs\Startup menu, on Mac the it is located in the same folder as the i1Profiler application.

yannb

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 07:28:49 am »

X-Rite i1Profiler 1.1.1 Release Notes
Known issues
·   Cannot correctly optimize profiles made with the i1iSis in Dual (M0/M2) mode. When the optimization patch set is measured, the profile will be made with Single (M2) data even if the user correctly specified Dual for the optimization measurement.

So this is the reason the whitepoint of my media profiles changed after optimizing... This was already so in 1.0. Can't imagine they've missed this during beta testing though. So much for optimizing profiles with i1Profiler for proofing purposes.

Yann

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 10:39:13 am »

Can't imagine they've missed this during beta testing though.

The bug was presented by beta testers, the fix was supposed to be in 1.1.1 from my understanding.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 12:27:42 pm »

so I wonder if one may get different (corrected?) results by rebuilding from saved data???
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up