Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So finally I decided to share my gallery with you :)  (Read 8103 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: So finally I decided to share my gallery with you :)
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 01:12:58 pm »

Right, Pop, but the kind of comments she was looking for were "I like it," "Me too," or "+1." She wasn't really looking for criticism. She's obviously a competent photographer in her chosen genre and the girl is a typical really cute Asian girl. What more is there to say?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

popnfresh

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 01:35:28 pm »

Right, Pop, but the kind of comments she was looking for were "I like it," "Me too," or "+1." She wasn't really looking for criticism. She's obviously a competent photographer in her chosen genre and the girl is a typical really cute Asian girl. What more is there to say?

There may not be any more to say, but that's really besides the point.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:38:28 pm by popnfresh »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 01:42:47 pm »

Okay, then what's your critique: "I like it," "Me too," or "+1?"
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 01:47:23 pm »

I see your pictures on Craigslist all the time.   Are you the poster - A Thing of Beauty?   

+1   :-*
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

popnfresh

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 01:51:48 pm »

Okay, then what's your critique: "I like it," "Me too," or "+1?"

I already said pretty much what you did about her work.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:54:03 pm by popnfresh »

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 03:32:20 pm »

I already said pretty much what you did about her work.

Look, what the hell new is there to say? That's the trouble with all these 'critique' sections: either one is expected to say wow, yeah, turns me on! or the opposite. In the latter case, it all becomes ugly and an exchange of personally aimed diatribes of the most pointless, damaging kind; why bother?

The pics are fine, totally anodyne, and probably highly erotic in their intended market. For my old tastes, they lack drama, have absolutely no sex appeal and not the slightest bit of modelling in the light. You could use a store dummy. Oh, I forgot; they already do that in fashion mags and ads now.

Does that make you feel any better, Pops?

Rob C

popnfresh

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 01:59:17 pm »

Look, what the hell new is there to say? That's the trouble with all these 'critique' sections: either one is expected to say wow, yeah, turns me on! or the opposite.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying that there is necessarily anything at all to say about the photos, or that you should be expected to say something about them. All I'm saying is to show some common courtesy to a first-time poster by not totally ignoring their work and using their topic as an excuse to talk about totally unrelated things. That's all. It's not rocket science.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:03:28 pm by popnfresh »

Rob C

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 04:23:24 pm »

You're missing the point. I'm not saying that there is necessarily anything at all to say about the photos, or that you should be expected to say something about them. All I'm saying is to show some common courtesy to a first-time poster by not totally ignoring their work and using their topic as an excuse to talk about totally unrelated things. That's all. It's not rocket science.

Indeed, and rather than be on target as you practically forced me to be, I'd have preferred to have refrained from direct comment on the images bcause I don't as a rule, like to opinionate on someone else's work. However, since I found the 'irrelevant' comments of interest, I though I might as well respond to them, which I did. And yes, I do find that the use of space in this case was anything but good manners; I also think the entire episode was intended as no more than a plug if only because there is no other reason obvious to me why else the original posting would have taken place.

There are lots of people here with websites; few have taken the liberty shown in this instance. How about that for a breach of manners, especially in the case of a first post? But maybe it's a cultural thing and I don't get it, in which case, two cultures have picked up on something new.

Rob C

popnfresh

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 06:46:41 pm »

Indeed, and rather than be on target as you practically forced me to be, I'd have preferred to have refrained from direct comment on the images bcause I don't as a rule, like to opinionate on someone else's work. However, since I found the 'irrelevant' comments of interest, I though I might as well respond to them, which I did. And yes, I do find that the use of space in this case was anything but good manners; I also think the entire episode was intended as no more than a plug if only because there is no other reason obvious to me why else the original posting would have taken place.

There are lots of people here with websites; few have taken the liberty shown in this instance. How about that for a breach of manners, especially in the case of a first post? But maybe it's a cultural thing and I don't get it, in which case, two cultures have picked up on something new.

Rob C

I doubt she was trying to lure customers by posting in the User Critiques forum on Luminous Landscape. It seems more plausible to me that she's a newbie and a first-time poster who isn't aware of how we're accustomed to seeing people post here. But who knows? It could all be a fiendishly clever marketing ploy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:49:35 pm by popnfresh »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up