Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could someone in the U.S. send me a small piece of Epson Hot Press Natural?  (Read 1308 times)

AFairley

I am doing some tests comparing the UV-blocking effects of Tru Vue Museum Glass and AR Reflection-Free glass on OBA papers and need a control paper that I know doesn't have OBAs.  All I need is a piece 4"x6" or so (though larger would be OK), a scrap left over from cutting down a larger size would be fine, and it doesn't have to be pristine.  I will be happy to send you a SASE envelope (I'm in the Los Angeles area).  Another smooth surface white non-OBA paper would be fine too.  Please send me a PM if you can help out.  I am planning to post photos of the results (though I'm not sure how clearly the differences will show) to the forum when I'm done.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:31:38 pm by AFairley »

Ernst Dinkla

There are way more inkjet papers without OBAs. There are foils, sheets like Teflon, uncoated Tyvek, that have even better white reflectance characteristics.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

AFairley

Thanks, Ernst, for the reference, it will be very useful if I end up jumping ship from EEF - I just mentioned the Hot Press Natural because it was the one paper I knew didn't have OBAs....  Right now all I need is a control so I can differentiate betweent the darkening that is caused by the glass itself vs. the lack of excitement of the OBAs. 

A forum member has graciously volunteered to send me a sample of Canson Rag Photographique, so I am covered, but of course I will happily accept swatches of other white smooth non OBA papers too   :)

johnATshadesofpaper

what is your shipping address i will send you a couple sheets.
John Ferriola
856-787-9200
www.shadesofpaper.com

AFairley

Thanks very much, John!  I sent you a PM with my address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up