Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moab vs canon papers  (Read 1115 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
moab vs canon papers
« on: June 24, 2011, 01:13:32 am »

Hi All,
   I've run low on stock and by fluke noticed that there are some smokin good deals on the Canon semi gloss papers, particularly the premium RC photo lustre. I'm wondering if anyone has put this up against moab's colorado satine and what your thoughts are on the permanence of the canon paper. I seems to recall (although it may be a wrong memory) that these RC papers aren't archival, am I wrong? would you sell a framed print on canon's photo lustre? alos, do the roll papers have a backprint?
many thanks!
Mark

Ernst Dinkla

Re: moab vs canon papers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 04:14:48 am »

Mark,

Whether modern inkjet RC papers are archival or not is something that still has to be tested correctly. The main issue is the stability of the polyethylene barriers plus their bond to the paper and the inkjet coating. There is no testing done that I know off.

The paper white shifting in time is tested by Aardenburg Imaging for several RC papers and Canon has an excellent RC paper with the Heavyweight Satin Photographic Paper 300gsm. Both excellent results on paper white (while it contains FBAs) and on image stability with Canon's Lucia inks. Check Aardenburg for more information.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:19:08 am by Ernst Dinkla »
Pages: [1]   Go Up