Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am going to have to start selling these  (Read 1192 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
I am going to have to start selling these
« on: June 23, 2011, 08:48:28 am »

Hi all,

I have never put one of my more recent 'better' quality images up on this site, as I didn't want to give them away, however, here is one of my more recent experiments that I took only about three weeks ago. I know it is only a small and low res version, because I think (hope) my images are becoming quite saleable (you have to have confidence in yourself and your own abilities if nothing else) and so I wish to be able to sell the larger print versions of it.

This image displayed on my screen at home in high res is stunning. When I look at it and the many others images I have taken/made over the last year, I marvel at just how lucky I have been to capture them in the fleeting moment it all came together, but I am now also realising, it is no longer luck, I seem to have turned a corner about 18 months ago, as I am now getting quite a few "lucky" shots to add to my portfolio.

So for all you out there who think I am simply blowing my own trumpet, believe me I really am not, I want this example to encourage you to keep pushing forward, because you can get there if you really want to. I know what it is like to be stuck in a rut, but I also know what it is like to keep on moving forward, regardless of all the failures and missed opportunities and never give up.

I now have quite a few images at this level of quality as a result.

So don't be envious, be challenged, dig deep and keep moving forward.

all the best

Photobloke

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: I am going to have to start selling these
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:11:43 am »

Its a beautiful image, but I find the toning too intense.
I myself did some split toning images in the last months,
and now looking at them I think I should further desaturate them.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:36:24 am »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for those kind words Chris, much appreciated...

The original full sized version on my PC is just a straight no frills black and white, because as I said, this small res image was just an experiment to see if I could squeeze a bit more out of it - I know, we always want more don't we.

It isn't a really split tone as such, but just one of the warming filters in PS layered on top - but now you mention it, I suppose subconciously a split tone effect was probably what I was after and this was as much as I could concentrate on doing at the time, as the boss was watching Desperate Housewifes playing loudly in the other corner of the room.

Photobloke

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:14:32 am »

..... and this was as much as I could concentrate on doing at the time, as the boss was watching Desperate Housewifes playing loudly in the other corner of the room.

Sounds like a safe receipe to ruin every image in pp ;) .
Maybe you could keep something to throw near your desk, like an old sandal or a brick stone or an unused Leica or something as a silencer.

popnfresh

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:53:10 am »

Its a beautiful image, but I find the toning too intense.
I think it's slightly high, but not terribly distracting. At least for me. I would back it off maybe 25% from where it is now.

BTW, great shot!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:02:46 am by popnfresh »
Pages: [1]   Go Up