Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lizard identification?  (Read 1854 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Lizard identification?
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:56:28 am »

This shot was taken in central Australia. I'd like to know the species of the critter and my web researches have not been successful. Thanks for any help.

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: Lizard identification?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 02:25:15 pm »

Drag the image onto the Google search bar within your IE or Firefox browser. If there is a camera icon on that bar Google will show you instances of that image and similar images on the internet. That may lead you to an ID.
BTW, this is a terrific new tool that will lead you to any usages of your images on the internet. Some photographers are using it as a tool to find unauthorized uses. If you sell stock photos, as I do, it will lead you to sites where your images are being used. Very entertaining.

http://images.google.com/

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:56:26 pm »

Thanks for the tip - I had not known about this Google tool. But, I must say it is a total waste of effort. When I search on my lizard photo I get pictures of Jesus Christ, Chinese food, the Dalia Lama, Japanese anime cartoons, and other totally unrelated (although sometimes entertaining) subjects. Nary a lizard in the lot! They all have in common an overall reddish cast, like my photo. Gee, great!

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:00 pm »

This shot was taken in central Australia. I'd like to know the species of the critter and my web researches have not been successful. Thanks for any help.

Some type of gekko.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:48:06 pm »

Drag the image onto the Google search bar within your IE or Firefox browser. If there is a camera icon on that bar Google will show you instances of that image and similar images on the internet. That may lead you to an ID.
BTW, this is a terrific new tool that will lead you to any usages of your images on the internet. Some photographers are using it as a tool to find unauthorized uses. If you sell stock photos, as I do, it will lead you to sites where your images are being used. Very entertaining.

http://images.google.com/

It partly works; I tried it using a picture that's currently up in the Critiques section, and it showed me my own website but not LuLa.
Tin Eye sems to be the one to use, if memory serves.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up