Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya/Leaf - unification offer? America only or worldwide?  (Read 3650 times)

design_freak

http://www.mamiya-usa.com/landing/index.html?utm_source=luminous-landscape.com&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=New_Mamiya

Mamiya/Leaf - unification offer? America only or worldwide?
Phase One in Europe officially offers DM22/DM28/DM33 Mamiya models. Any changes?
http://www.mamiya.com
Best regards,
DF

archivue

Re: Mamiya/Leaf - unification offer? America only or worldwide?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:42:10 am »

and what about the new GUI for existing DM backs... ?

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:44:29 pm »

From the PR:

MAC Group in the USA, has collaborated with Mamiya, Leaf, Phase One and Schneider to package the selected products in one box. This has the advantage of giving photographers the very best individual components in a large sensor cameras system, which are made by different companies, all in one box. This is a USA offer

Yair Shahar | Product Manager Leaf & Mamiya | Leaf Imaging Ltd.
e: ysh@leaf-photography.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | www.leaf-photography.com | Leaf, a Phase One company
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

design_freak

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:00:59 pm »

Perhaps it would be worth to a group of Phase One has released the official position. Few people understand why Mamiya offers 645DF body, and the RZ67 is marketed by MAC Group.
Best regards,
DF

yaya

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29:09 pm »

Perhaps it would be worth to a group of Phase One has released the official position. Few people understand why Mamiya offers 645DF body, and the RZ67 is marketed by MAC Group.

See my signature below, I think that's official enough no?

The 645DF camera is offered under 2 brands, Mamiya (the manufacturer) and Phase One

MAC is the US distributor for Mamiya & Leaf and they market the DM systems (Mamiya-Leaf back on a 645DF), the Mamiya-Leaf backs backs as stand-alone units (in 5 different mounts) and the RZ systems

RZ67 cannot be sold in EU due to RoHS regulations, hence why it is marketed in the US but not in Europe

Thanks, yair

e: ysh@leaf-photography.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | www.leaf-photography.com | Leaf, a Phase One company

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:36:35 pm »

What evil substance does the RZ have in it? Lead? I must remember not to eat one however hungry I get...

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »

See my signature below, I think that's official enough no?

The 645DF camera is offered under 2 brands, Mamiya (the manufacturer) and Phase One

MAC is the US distributor for Mamiya & Leaf and they market the DM systems (Mamiya-Leaf back on a 645DF), the Mamiya-Leaf backs backs as stand-alone units (in 5 different mounts) and the RZ systems

RZ67 cannot be sold in EU due to RoHS regulations, hence why it is marketed in the US but not in Europe

Thanks, yair

Thank you Yair,
For me it's clear but many customers in Europe don't understand this. So we can talk about some misinformation. Brief information on www.mamiya.com would not hurt. But of course it is my opinion.
As I understand it in Europe Mamiya is positioned as the cheapest equipment for a young photographer who wants to start the adventure with MF. (Top model DM33) IN US top model is DM80.
Best regards,
DF

archivue

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »

"As I understand it in Europe Mamiya is positioned as the cheapest equipment"

you have two customers

one bought an Aptus II 7, the same day the second one bought a mamiya DM33...

few month later, the Aptus owner have access to the new GUI... but not the DM33 owner...

so for now, everywhere on the planet, the DM line must be seen as an Eco version of the Aptus...

but maybe, things will change later...

Few years back, the Mamiya 7 used to cost nearly double price in Paris compare to London... both in CEE !
... the Mamiya marketing is not really clear from the start !

DennisWilliams

I've been to the Mamiya site.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 02:45:09 am »

Would it kill Mamiya to simply list the 4, 7 ,9 or however many box kits there are, specifically what comes in each box and how freak'n much it costs? Calumet lists the DM22 and the DM28 as discontinued. Either it is or it is not. How about an a la carte list  and while they're at it how about a description of each available body and back both unique and various rebadges with a full disclosure on the similarities and differences in each. Demystify both the products and the shopping process.

Apple could give Mamiya a lesson in sales.  These are the models, pick one. These are the upgrades and variations. Choose any that apply. Here's the price. The simple straightforward approach  works for Mac products  it could certainly work for bodies, backs and lenses.

PdF

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 03:06:59 am »

Mamiya's communication is different in the U.S. and Europe for over a year. In Europe, the range is reduced and is much less oriented to professionals. I realized this when I was seeking some information for my RZ. There are "more available". But as they overflow the shelves of second hand dealers, there are not too many problems to find the goods!

So for a year, the logos have changed, the design of sites, etc... But not a word of explanation from the specialized press. All this remains a mystery for me.

I vowed to seek the explanation for the Photokina last year, but I completely forget, once on site. Does anyone remember seeing RZ on the Mamiya's stand?

PdF
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:09:45 am by PdF »
PdF

yaya

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 03:32:44 am »

DM22 and DM 28 on Calumet's website:

DM28
DM22

US models are listed here

The 3 DM system models are listed here

You can direct any Mamiya related question to:

US: http://www.mamiya-usa.com/customer-service-contact-mamiya.html
Rest of the world: info@mamiya.com

And we will do our best to provide all the answers

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 03:57:00 am »

snip...
I vowed to seek the explanation for the Photokina last year, but I completely forget, once on site. Does anyone remember seeing RZ on the Mamiya's stand?

PdF

As far as I remember mamiya did not participate in 2010. The RZIID seems to be still available from Mamiya Germany.
May be stock from the shelf though.

Cheers, Ulf
Pages: [1]   Go Up