Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 LCD Display blank!  (Read 1214 times)

EvoM

Z3100 LCD Display blank!
« on: June 20, 2011, 11:47:04 pm »

Hi, I have a recurring problem with my Z3100 LCD Display going blank. A reboot fixes it but it then it returns sometime over a day or two (not sure exact time frame).

I suspect it may be related to a new router & switch we have recently replaced for our ethernet/web network but not sure. I will probably just disconnect the ethernet cable and see but wondered if anyone has come across this before.

Evo

EvoM

Re: Z3100 LCD Display blank!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 07:23:31 pm »

Just an update if anyone has had a similar problem. Disconnecting the ethernet cable thus taking the Z3100 off the network stops the 'blank' Z3100 display problem so I know it has something to do with the new Netgear WNDR3700 Router or Netgear switch also installed at same time. Netgear of course, know nothing!

I think it must be sending/testing the  connection and somehow upset/overloading the Z3100 but I am only guessing. I have tried setting a static ip and also dynamic ip via DHCP both on the Z3100 but no luck...still trying for a permanent solution.

For now simply plugging back into the network when we need the printer and unplugging when finished works but is a bit of a pain considering it has worked fine for many years on our old Dlink router that suddenly died and had to be replaced by the Netgear stuff.

Evom

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 04:51:29 am »

Evo,

Did you try a direct connection to a computer system, for example one with more network cards, and then not unplug the cable over a longer period?

I have a Netgear switch and the 3700 router and I have some issues with the Printer Utility Color Center but not the issue you mention here. The printer panels will go to a non active state at some point but get active again when I push one of the panel buttons, normal behaviour to my knowledge. The Z3100 and Z3200 printers are not connected over the router but run over the switch. Lately I can not calibrate or profile both printers but it looks more like a Printer Utility issue. I can  on the printer itself but it does not communicate the calibrated/uncalibrated information to printer utility. I could do some things with the optional APS profiling software but that disappeared too.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:12:26 pm »

That's a very strange connection.  Try putting the printer on a static IP and as the DMZ.

EvoM

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:30:38 am »

Hi Ernst, thanks for your reply.

Well, we are mac here so don't know about extra network cards...sounds pc to me ha! Anyway, the point is it was fine but now with the Netgear 3700 something changed. The Z3100 is always on and wakes it'self up now and again for maintenance as per usual but when on the network (3700) it eventually just has no info (blank) on the Z3100 LCD. Strange but it still responds as normal (not frozen) and we can print ect over the network and also shut it down and restart at the printer.

Not sure about Kaelaria's suggestions but 'have' tried a static ip address but same problem. As stated, Netgear is no help...it's a bit unusual for them I think!

Sorry I can't help with your problems Ernst although I think I am still running the previous firmware on the Netgear 3700 as on forums lots were having problems with the latest. In fact after making a backup, I tried the latest firmware but it caused all sorts of problems and after over 2 hours on the phone with Netgear just gave up and loaded the backup/settings! Maybe try the previous firware (but make a backup first!!!ha!)

Evom
Pages: [1]   Go Up