Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH2 ext mic connection  (Read 3592 times)

fredjeang

GH2 ext mic connection
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:59:27 pm »

I'm not sure if the mic jack is a standart on the GH2.

Any info?

Alex MacPherson

• http://alexmacpherson.com
Re: GH2 ext mic connection
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »

Fred... you should be asking questions to the correct people. This forum isn't video-focused.

Try here:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?175-Panasonic-GH-Cameras
Alex MacPherson

Visit My Website

canmiya

• beyond stills
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 03:39:45 am »

I'm not sure if the mic jack is a standart on the GH2.

Any info?
\
If by standard you are referring to the typical 3.5mm mike input found on many HDSLRs the answer is no; it has  a 2.5mm mini input.  There are inexpensive mini to micro connectors available.

keithrsmith

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:25:45 am »

\
If by standard you are referring to the typical 3.5mm mike input found on many HDSLRs the answer is no; it has  a 2.5mm mini input.  There are inexpensive mini to micro connectors available.

and it's a 4 pole jack as it is also used for the remote control.

Keith

fredjeang

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 06:59:09 am »

Thanks guys, exactly the infos I was looking for.

Alex, thanks for the link, very usefull.

Cheers

fredjeang

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:14:24 pm »

Well well well...
Panasonic didn't make the best choice with this microjack to be honest. They saved space but...
I'm trying to get the Hosa L adapter because it's safyier and not easy to find here, at least without spending time on it.
Then I'm thinking if an atenuator cable would be a good option to feed the camera sound with the Zoom series H1, H2 and H4.
I want to use the H1 for that task logically because it fits very well the conmpactness of the combo.

The only ebay adapter I found does not ship to Spain and it really pisses me off to pay 40€ B&H mail for a 5 bucks 20g peice of plastic.

If you have any link in Europe very welcome.

bcooter

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 03:14:26 pm »

Well well well...
Panasonic didn't make the best choice with this microjack to be honest. They saved space but...
I'm trying to get the Hosa L adapter because it's safyier and not easy to find here, at least without spending time on it.
Then I'm thinking if an atenuator cable would be a good option to feed the camera sound with the Zoom series H1, H2 and H4.
I want to use the H1 for that task logically because it fits very well the conmpactness of the combo.

The only ebay adapter I found does not ship to Spain and it really pisses me off to pay 40€ B&H mail for a 5 bucks 20g peice of plastic.

If you have any link in Europe very welcome.

Fred,

Just a suggestion, but find a sound tech you want to work with and have him/her fashion a connector that is not only robust but allows you to hear what's going on while your working.

This do it yourself thing is ok for fun, but for money, I would suggest you find a solution that is solid.

IMO

BC

fredjeang

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 04:11:25 pm »

Fred,

Just a suggestion, but find a sound tech you want to work with and have him/her fashion a connector that is not only robust but allows you to hear what's going on while your working.

This do it yourself thing is ok for fun, but for money, I would suggest you find a solution that is solid.

IMO

BC

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking of this afternoon with this micro silly stuff.  I have a guy in mind, french. Need to talk with him.
Those DIY drive me mad and it's not serious.

But I'll have to find this adpater anyway for the cases I'm doing my personal stuff without budget.
Nothing drives me more crazy than those kind of tiny connectors, tiny buttons etc...everything tiny, light, but in the end...craperies. and this jack is the open door to probs,
that's why I want this L shaped adapter to avoid disasters when I use the "beast" on my own for the fun because I can't take a camera that I know could cause problem.
If I know something has to be fixed, even a silly thing, I just can't forget about it and can't concentrate on the subject but have in mind the issue in question.
Silly I know but I can't avoid it. I need the camera to be discrete, to forget about it when I'm using it, if not I know it's gonna stay in the bag.
Found a cable that allow headphones but the Zoom also does that.

Agree, when money's involved it has to be solid. I'll probably rent if budget allows.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:29:06 pm by fredjeang »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:34 pm »

I avoid recording anything but reference audio on the GH2 - when I have the choice. Synching a standalone high quality recorder in post is now so easy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up