Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Capture One 6 user and desperate for help.  (Read 3106 times)

ShinyHappyLucy

New Capture One 6 user and desperate for help.
« on: June 19, 2011, 03:53:14 am »

I'm very new to using any type of photo-editing software. My husband's friend recommended I use this one, but I'm having a lot of trouble with things I think should be relatively simple. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. After editing a picture, I click on 'apply adjustments' then 'process.' Where do I find the processed photo so I can publish it online or print? We managed to find one picture in my library folder in the capture one subfolder, but the image wasn't processed at all. It was just the raw image that seemed to appear there automatically after processing; but, like I said, it wasn't processed at all.

2. How do I get a photo to save after it's edited. Clearly what I'm doing (see above) isn't working.

3. Is there any way I can choose where to save an edited image to or will it go somewhere defaultly?

4. At one point while trying to save my image, I clicked on "move to selects folder." It didn't move. It seemed to completely disappear. I tried this with several photos, and it happened every time.

If anyone can explain this stuff to me as simply as possible, I would be extremely grateful. I've been messing with this software for days and can't figure anything out. I've watched some tutorials, but I haven't seen these "basic" questions answered. As I said, I'm very new to this.  I've never worked with any type of photo-editing software before this one.  Thank you!

Lucy

gss

Re: New Capture One 6 user and desperate for help.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 02:05:09 pm »

1. After editing a picture, I click on 'apply adjustments' then 'process.' Where do I find the processed photo so I can publish it online or print?
Select your 'Library' tab (looks like an index card) and look for the 'Session Folders' tool tab.  If it is collapsed, click on the triangle which points to the right to open it.  Hover your mouse over the 'Outputs Folder' tab and you should see where that folder is, or right-mouse it and select 'Show Info' then look at the bottom of the panel.  Another way to find where it is putting your output files is to go to the 'Output' tab on the main menu (looks like a gear) and look for the 'Output Naming' tool tab.  If collapsed, uncollapse it and hover your mouse over the directory shown in the 'Output To' field (hovering gets you the entire path).  It is possible that you have placed these tool tabs under different main menu tabs, but the Library and Output tabs are the most likely.

2. How do I get a photo to save after it's edited. Clearly what I'm doing (see above) isn't working.
You don't actually save.  C1 is remembering all the actions needed to be done to your raw file to create the output file.  If you want to do two or more different versions, you'll need to look into creating a new variant or cloning a variant.

3. Is there any way I can choose where to save an edited image to or will it go somewhere defaultly?
You can choose by modifying the paths in any number of spots, but I would highlight the 'Output Folder' in the main library 'Session Folders', right-mouse and choose 'New Output Folder'.

4. At one point while trying to save my image, I clicked on "move to selects folder." It didn't move. It seemed to completely disappear. I tried this with several photos, and it happened every time.
As above, find out where the selects folder is, you should find them there.  If you select the selects folder in your 'Session Folders' tooltab, you should see the files you moved to the selects folder.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:05:45 am »

Processed image is in your session OUTPUT folder.

Adjustments stick, so no need to save them as they are already saved inside that particular session .cos files.

The image you moved is in your session's "Move to" folder.

Each time you create an un-tethered session, you get an output, move to and trash sub-folders inside that main session folder. (Tethered session adds a capture folder.)  The trash is not real trash, just a place to move bad files so you do not have to view them -- forgotten, but not gone.  The move to is used for whatever reasons you want, but most move their second and third tier images there after ranking and sorting, sort of like a lite trash, temporarily ignored but not gone :). This leaves only your top tier images in the main editing folder.  
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

ShinyHappyLucy

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:02:21 am »

Thank you so much for the help!  I was able to process and find my pics. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up