Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1Profiler:When using the i1Pro, software will not recognize wrong line read  (Read 2065 times)

dnmiller4

i1 Profiler.    When using the i1Pro, software will not recognize if have read a wrong line.

When reading a target, RGB, regardless of which line I read, the software does not register the corresponding line.   In other words it does not tell me I have read the wrong line for, let's say, line 3.    I can read line 12, and if line 3 was the next one, it thinks I am reading line 3, the software is happy.  It says read line 4   Does not tell me I have read the wrong line.

I this happens regardless of whether I am using i1 Pro revision D, or revision A.   So, it is not the i1 Pro's.

MBP4.1 17 inch, 10.6.7, Epson Pro 9600 printer   

rasworth

Your experience is consistent with mine, does not recognize wrong lines.  It seems to check for the correct number of patches in a line, but not much more.  The i1P target does not have the three extra columns that PMP had, so it can't do a line number check, and apparently does not do a "sanity" test on the patch values.

So I check the number every few lines, and if it's off I click on a previous line and start from there, the program has no problem "backing up".

Richard Southworth

Tarkowsky

There is a MeasurementTollerance value which has been set to 0.4 as default value.
If you low this value i1Profiler will give you a reading error at the end of the line when there is a misreading problem.
Try to decrease the value to 0.2 and see if you can get better result.
I usually manage to read a complete 1728 patches target with an i1Pro with a value = 0.121.
This  MeasurementTollerance value only works for the i1.
If you're on Windows you can find  MeasurementTollerance value inside a file named XRi1G2WorkflowSettings.ini which is located in the i1Profiler folder  C:\ProgramData\X-Rite\i1Profiler\XRi1G2WorkflowSettings.ini
Hope it can help.

Doyle Yoder

On Mac it is in .../Library/Application Support/X-Rite/i1Profiler/XRi1G2WorkflowSettings.ini and can be edited with TextEdit.

rasworth

I'm not sure the MeasurementTolerance parameter has anything to do with the wrong line issue, i.e. is it a check on multiple readings for each patch or does it somehow relate to the original RGB values?  In order to detect a wrong line the software would have to decide the measured values were very dissimilar from the original target RGB inputs, and this could be problematic with very non-linear printers.

Anybody know for sure, since I'm not presently set up to do any experimenting/scanning?

Richard Southworth

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net

On some papers I found that iPublish was registering a “wrong line number” error when indeed I was on the correct line.  Repeated attempts to read the row with the iOne instrument resulted in the same error. I enlarged patch sizes and reread, but with the same error results.  My next assumption was that a patch or patch row was beyond the default measurement tolerance of 0.4.  After increasing the measurement tolerance to 0.5, I was able to read the charts without error, and was able to create a very acceptable profile.

So, with only the above in hand, I suspect that when an actual measurement deviates by more than the measurement tolerance from what is expected of a patch or patches in a particular row, it throws the “wrong line number” error indiscriminately.

Ed Foster Jr.
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

psteeper

Thanks for the tip Ed. I had to increase the tolerance to 0.7 before it would read the line without an error. I'm now getting an error "Cannot create profile" when I try creating the profile.

Overall the I1 upgrade has not worked well for me. I'm going to keep using PMP 5 when I'm at a customer site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up