Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 borderless question  (Read 2942 times)

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
Epson 9900 borderless question
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:00:39 am »

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to print a borderless print on a custom size paper (24x36). I'm using a 24" roll and have selected the borderless>retain size option. The manual tells me to build the image size to 24.23" which I've done but I get a 1/4" border on the left side of the print (looking at it from the front of the printer). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? By the way, when I select one of the presets (24x30) it works fine. Thanks, Jim

Garnick

Re: Epson 9900 borderless question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:22:03 pm »

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to print a borderless print on a custom size paper (24x36). I'm using a 24" roll and have selected the borderless>retain size option. The manual tells me to build the image size to 24.23" which I've done but I get a 1/4" border on the left side of the print (looking at it from the front of the printer). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? By the way, when I select one of the presets (24x30) it works fine. Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

When you create a custom paper size for borderless printing, 24x36 for example, that's where you would use the 24.23" size. Anytime you build a custom paper size you must add .23" to the width. If you're using 24" paper for borderless printing, all custom paper sizes must have .23" added to the width. If you're using 16" that would be 16.23" for borderless printing, etc. In the manual Epson advises adding .34" to the width of the "image" for borderless, however, I've been using an addition of .25" for many years and it works fine. That way there's not as much cropping necessary and therefore less loss of image. So to sum up, add .23" to the width of your custom paper sizes and .25" to the width of your image for borderless printing.

Gary
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:25:57 pm by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 01:23:33 pm »

Hi Jim,

When you create a custom paper size for borderless printing, 24x36 for example, that's where you would use the 24.23" size. Anytime you build a custom paper size you must add .23" to the width. If you're using 24" paper for borderless printing, all custom paper sizes must have .23" added to the width. If you're using 16" that would be 16.23" for borderless printing, etc. In the manual Epson advises adding .34" to the width of the "image" for borderless, however, I've been using an addition of .25" for many years and it works fine. That way there's not as much cropping necessary and therefore less loss of image. So to sum up, add .23" to the width of your custom paper sizes and .25" to the width of your image for borderless printing.

Gary

Gary, That did it!!  I had the image that size but not the custom paper size.  Thanks for the help!!  Jim

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:36:42 pm »

Gary, That did it!!  I had the image that size but not the custom paper size.  Thanks for the help!!  Jim

You're most welcome Jim ;-}
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up