Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From William Blake  (Read 819 times)

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
From William Blake
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:56:17 am »

How do you know but every bird that cuts the airy way, is an immense world of delight, closed by your senses five?

Seest thou the little winged fly, smaller than a grain of sand?
It has a heart like thee, a brain open to heaven and hell,
Withinside wondrous and expansive; its gates are not closed;
I hope thine are not.

William Blake

Nikon D3s, CV-125, Zerene Stacker
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: From William Blake
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:19:05 pm »

A nice inter-species nod from Mr. Blake.  I wonder if he ever saw a fly as clearly as this?

This is an excellent focus stack.  Restricting the range of focus to the fly was a good choice, IMHO.

Interesting how the depth of a focus stack and the treatment of the out-of-focus areas can be used to infer some particular scale or size of the subject.  The implication is usually that the object itself is larger in size.  It's sort of the opposite of the tilt lens make-it-look-tiny thing.

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
Re: From William Blake
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 02:23:31 pm »

It worked well. When I first started stacking focus I pushed the aperture as high as I could get away with and tried to get everything in focus.... thus the learning curve. Just the opposite is more effective, using the lens wide (but sharp) to stack a portion of the frame and let the rest go to bokeh.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine
Pages: [1]   Go Up