Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to get a decent profile with i1Match RGB Easy?  (Read 1135 times)

tony22

I ask because I just tried it. I've done a number of profiles with my Spyder3Print SR for various papers, and while the initial profile is never quite right, it's looks like it's in the ballpark. The S3P profile editor gets me the rest of the way there.

I've read elsewhere that the Easy 43 patch version of i1Match print profiling is marginal at best. I decided to try it (with my i1Pro). I let the 43 patch test print on Canon Photo Paper Pro Semi Gloss dry for 48 hours before reading. I just softproofed an image in Photoshop with that profile and it has a horrible sickly green cast. Intent was Perceptual, and Simulate Paper White was selected. Doesn't look much different in Relative Colorimetric. I did get the proper "single beep" after each row was strip scanned.

I expected it to be not so accurate, but this was just unsightly. Display of course was just calibrated with i1Match and my i1Pro. Monitor is a Sony GDM-FW900.

(My printer profiling excursions go back to the Pantone ProfilerPLUS days. I'm no expert but also not a noob in this area.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:11:17 am by tony22 »

tony22

Re: Is there a way to get a decent profile with i1Match RGB Easy?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:23:34 pm »

I have an update. My problem appears to be only with the Proofed image in Photoshop. I've never had this happen before. All of my other custom profiles made with my S3P have all Proofed out looking very close to the printed output (or vice versa). In this case the Proofed image has that nasty green cast, but when printed out it looks pretty darn accurate tonally, and only a bit dark compared to the displayed image.

I wasn't expected this. I always assumed, using my experience so far, that what I saw in Proof was what I'd get. So now the question is a bit different - why am I getting a color cast when proofing with my i1 printer profile?
Pages: [1]   Go Up