Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revisiting Image Center on Epson 4900  (Read 1707 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Revisiting Image Center on Epson 4900
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:42:49 pm »

I thought I had this all figured out but apparently not.  I'm printing a 15x22.5" image on a roll of 17" Cold Press Natural.  In LR, I have the page size set up with no margins and the layout with no margins except for 1/2" on the bottom of a vertical (portrait style) image for a weighted bottom border.

However, the image comes out 8mm to the left (when the print is viewed - or 8mm to the right when coming out of the printer).

What did I miss?

Mike Guilbault

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Revisiting Image Center on Epson 4900
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 04:53:03 pm »

I thought I had this all figured out but apparently not.  I'm printing a 15x22.5" image on a roll of 17" Cold Press Natural.  In LR, I have the page size set up with no margins and the layout with no margins except for 1/2" on the bottom of a vertical (portrait style) image for a weighted bottom border.

However, the image comes out 8mm to the left (when the print is viewed - or 8mm to the right when coming out of the printer).

What did I miss?

Unfortunately maybe nothing.  I have fought this issue with Epson printers for years, where an image is slightly off-centered horizontally.  Only solution I've found is a hack in photoshop where I increase the canvas size enough to offset the issue.

The amount seems to vary between printers, and usually is only noticeable when the margins are somewhat smaller.  I've heard there is an adjustment that can be made, but never have been able to track it down. (only because in my case it rarely is a concern so I just haven't been motivated to research it much).

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:37:42 pm »

What happens when you put 1" in the left and right margin and 1/2" for top and bottom?

Randy Carone

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:57:21 am »

How about making your image size 17" by X" (the size you need), with white space around your 15" x 22.5" image and print it borderless on 17" paper? A workaround, but it may be a solution. Sorry I don't have a 4900 running in our print lab or I'd try it.
Randy Carone

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:19:05 pm »

How about making your image size 17" by X" (the size you need), with white space around your 15" x 22.5" image and print it borderless on 17" paper? A workaround, but it may be a solution. Sorry I don't have a 4900 running in our print lab or I'd try it.

So use the Borderless (Retain Size) option?  Since there was a border anyway, I just selected Roll Paper without the Borderless option.  I was wondering about that though.  I'll give a try as soon as I can. 
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up