Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyan too bright in the print  (Read 1452 times)

scrinch

• www.jkwhitephoto.com
Cyan too bright in the print
« on: June 14, 2011, 07:26:45 am »

I had such great success with my last question here that I thought I would throw this out and see if anyone has an easy fix.

Most of my colors and images look great using a calibrated NEC PA241W on a Mac G5 Quad and printing with a Epson 7890 to Epson Semi Matte paper.  But in some images with a lot of sky and ocean the cyan seems way too bright in the final print when compared to the monitor and compared to the same images from my other printer.  (Epson 1280)   To tone it down I have had to go to PS Selective color and adjust the c -15  m+7 K +6 to get the print to match the screen.  The hard thing to understand is the rest of the colors look good.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Cyan too bright in the print
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:51:25 am »

Could you tell us something about the profiling at the printer end of the chain? Are you using a custom profile or the correct Epson profile for that paper and printer?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

scrinch

• www.jkwhitephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:08:33 am »

I am using the canned Epson Profile semi matte.  Let PS determine colors-  no color management in the printer 

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:31:02 am »

Given what you describe, I'm inclined to suspect the issue is isolated to the printer/paper profile, or something else to do with the printer, such as a malfunctioning colour channel. I presume you've checked for the obvious such as nozzle clogs. It may be an idea to get a custom profile made from a reputable provider and see whether that resolves the issue.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

scrinch

• www.jkwhitephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 05:35:02 am »

The Nozzle check shows no clogs so I will give the custom profile a try.  I am changing my paper to a Red River Luste brand so this is a good time to get a custom profile anyway.   Thanks for the reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up