Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bronze Oahu Beach  (Read 1196 times)

grilla

• http://thecolorblindphotographer.net
Bronze Oahu Beach
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:25:35 am »

For just a moment the ocean seemed to pause. this picture was taken 20 minutes after sunset.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: Bronze Oahu Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 02:23:50 pm »

Try cropping a bunch of different ways, wait at least 24 hours, them look at them side by side.  One particular crop will probably stand out for you in ways it didn't a day earlier.  Whether or not to crop out something like the airplane depends on the mood you want to impart to the picture, and its intended use.  For a travel magazine leave it in, etc.

The bronzey effect definitely adds a certain dynamic to the scene, but I personally feel it would be a better shot if you could neutralize it a bit.  The hot color is at odds with the mellowed out mood of the scene, it's kind of nervous-making to my eyes.  Did you shoot this RAW?  If you so you can probably pull down the sodium vapor orange color cast closer to neutral.  Try a color temperature around 2800 degrees in a raw converter.  When you make significant changes in color cast or contrast you also change the overall dynamic of a scene, so correct first and then crop.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 03:42:40 pm »

What Bill said, me too...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

nightfire

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 04:42:07 pm »

I would definitely keep the plane in the picture. It echoes the curvature of the beach.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »

I would definitely keep the plane in the picture. It echoes the curvature of the beach.
+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up