Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 4 beta  (Read 29300 times)

jgbowerman

Re: Lightroom 4 beta
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 10:50:57 am »

I'm content with LR3 and PS CS5 combined. In this digital world, we have accelerated upgrades to this, upgrades to that, new software etc... honestly, where does it ever end? I suppose it does not, but at the rate of change in digital technology, there comes a point where one can get lost in trying to keep up with the latest technology instead what got us all onto this page in the first place, which for me is having a camera in my hands. Of course Adobe will keep coming out with new software, how else can they grow the business. But for me, I might just say: "Enough", and get back to the "film" days when photography was more about carrying a camera and less about sitting in front of a computer, yet alone trying to re-figure out another software "advancement". 

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 12:52:43 pm »

I'm content with LR3 and PS CS5 combined. In this digital world, we have accelerated upgrades to this, upgrades to that, new software etc... honestly, where does it ever end? I suppose it does not, but at the rate of change in digital technology, there comes a point where one can get lost in trying to keep up with the latest technology instead what got us all onto this page in the first place, which for me is having a camera in my hands. Of course Adobe will keep coming out with new software, how else can they grow the business. But for me, I might just say: "Enough", and get back to the "film" days when photography was more about carrying a camera and less about sitting in front of a computer, yet alone trying to re-figure out another software "advancement". 

Totally....

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 01:47:25 pm »

Of course I can not compete with your knowledge, something I admire.
But I have a better figure.

Well, I'm working on that...

I'm down 60lbs since last year. Still not what I would call svelte yet but getting there.

Glad you figured out how to select a subset in Import.

Schewe

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 01:51:43 pm »

B.T.W., I ordered all my Lightroom versions via download. There  are no F Manuals included.

Actually, if you go to the Help menu and then to the main LR 3 Help site on Adobe you can click on a link in the upper right to download the LR 3 Help as a PDF. It's got an index and is 188 pages. The direct link to the 10MB PDF is: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Lightroom/3.0/Using/lightroom_3_help.pdf

shuttersny

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 02:15:13 pm »

Totally, Totally off subject but congrats to you Jeff on your progress in or should I say reduction in in the lbs field!
Stick with it!
I'm selfish in this - I want to be able to read your opinions and thoughts - pro and con of on whatever.

Regards
FG

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »

In this digital world, we have accelerated upgrades to this, upgrades to that, new software etc... honestly, where does it ever end?
With soft-proofing, maybe? ;)
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 04:17:12 pm »

I'm down 60lbs since last year. Still not what I would call svelte yet but getting there.

Glad you figured out how to select a subset in Import.

Congratulations about your loss! And I'm F serious about that!

I did not figured out how to tag a selected subset, you guided me.

In reaction on your post "LR3 PDF manual at Adobe HELP (...)" I thank you again. Was not aware of the existence. The tagged subset selection answer was not there too, so your first reply here was important. The not-so-obvious point is, that after the shift-click SELECTION of the subset, one should TAG any of the selected pictures and woops, the whole subset is tagged. But do not use the tag All Pictures...
(Yes that is what I did)

Cheers,
Bas

Harold

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 05:13:35 pm »

I hope that we can expect a complete new set of shirts :o

Schewe

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

I hope that we can expect a complete new set of shirts :o

Well, I think I have so many I'll just have my wife shrink them...BTW some new shirts may appear in the next Camera To Print & Screen video Chris is editing now. We're gonna have a contest to "count the shirts" Mike and I wear :~)

KeithR

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 12:45:36 pm »

Well, I think I have so many I'll just have my wife shrink them...BTW some new shirts may appear in the next Camera To Print & Screen video Chris is editing now. We're gonna have a contest to "count the shirts" Mike and I wear :~)

And by the time the new C2P&S is released those shirts will be too big! Keep up the the great work!

The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 03:55:41 am »

That's a very difficult part not to fall into asleep when counting shirts with boring stripes.....
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

TeeKay

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:44 am »

Anyone else who wants to see better "distraction removal" technology in LR4?

If you also would love to see cloning/healing/patching brushes in LR4, you can -> vote for this feature request at the (relatively) new Adobe "Photoshop Family" website. Just click on the "+1" button.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:38:35 am by TeeKay »

dreed

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »

Does this mean you are able to carry an 60lbs of extra photographic equipment, without sweating it, compared to last year? :)

Photo Op

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 10:34:54 pm »

With soft-proofing, maybe? ;)

+100..........we can only hope!
David

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 09:04:12 pm »

I am expecting a new beta in the fall.   I drive past the new Adobe building on Rt 128 in Waltham MA every day.  That's as close as I'm able to get to being an insider.

Ahh, but there is not much LR development happening in that building. There is another building nearby, however, where some interesting cooking is going on ...   :)

Eric
Eric Chan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up