Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broncolor FCC  (Read 5135 times)

skimasks

• http://www.justinpoulsen.com
Broncolor FCC
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:41:26 pm »

Would anyone happen to know the difference between the Broncolor FCM and FCC meter? I'm looking to control colour temp of my Grafit+Pulsos but the pack only has this ability when paired with the FCC.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
Re: Broncolor FCC
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »

Would anyone happen to know the difference between the Broncolor FCM and FCC meter? I'm looking to control colour temp of my Grafit+Pulsos but the pack only has this ability when paired with the FCC.

Hi Justin,

I´m not familiar with the FCM, but as far as I know this is an exposure meter, especially used in combination with an external sensor to measure TTL with LF cameras, not exactly what is needed in the digital age. I may stand corrected.
Now the FCC is a complete different beast, you can measure the flash duration and color temperature of any flash but not its power, so this is the device you should look for. You might already know this, I try to explain. Flash duration and color temperature of a strobe is linked due to physical reasons. You are able to alter the color output of the GrafitA by changing the flash duration, shorter flash duration results in color shift towards blue, longer flash duration will get your color output warmer. Don´t expect too much, you´ll be able to fine adjust around +-200K using medium power output. For normal use you will be able to see the difference on your monitor and dial in the value you like to achieve. That´s how we used the system, but :o GOSH, what I was not aware of, so thanks for your question, I just found out you can enter a few color correction modes with the FCC providing finer adjustments of around 50K AND ALSO KEEPING THIS COLOR when changing the power setting on the pack, just played around with this... Makes me wonder, why I did not find it in the Grafit manual and why those settings are unreachable via RFS control. Wow, still things to discover every day! What you have to do is press the corr button for around a second you´ll enter the correction mode, each press to - or + will decrease / increase color output for 50K. The FCC will show a number how often you pressed and transmitted the correction, Grafit pack only shows in the display that the color was altered but not the amount of correction. You will see the pack changes the flash duration as described above, but there are much finer adjustments now. Remember, the transmitted correction will be received from all busy packs. So if you only want to change one pack make sure no other is powered up and receiving the IR signal. The correction is stored if the pack is switched off. Ah, and the FCC is chewing batteries.
Hope this helps,

Cheers, Ulf
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:53:18 pm by UlfKrentz »

skimasks

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:29:05 pm »

Wow thanks for the quick run through. It will definitely make getting my FCC up and running easy!! 9volts always seem to go fast (I play guitar and the majority of my pedals run on 9volts). I just thought of something... technically since the packs store the correction one could alter multiple packs by simply modulating IR on/off during the programming process. There shouldn't be a limit to the amount of packs one can program. 

Something else interesting that I've found in my research is the FCM2 (not having colour control over the pack) can be used to wirelessly change the power of the pack. Definitely not as robust as a Servor D but can be had for a much more reasonable price.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »

Wow thanks for the quick run through. It will definitely make getting my FCC up and running easy!! 9volts always seem to go fast (I play guitar and the majority of my pedals run on 9volts). I just thought of something... technically since the packs store the correction one could alter multiple packs by simply modulating IR on/off during the programming process. There shouldn't be a limit to the amount of packs one can program. 

Something else interesting that I've found in my research is the FCM2 (not having colour control over the pack) can be used to wirelessly change the power of the pack. Definitely not as robust as a Servor D but can be had for a much more reasonable price.

Justin,

the IR on/off is only for IR trigger, not for remote control, you might separate your packs into two groups though (IR channel 1 and 2). Of course you can modify any amount of packs. What I like about the Servor D is to turn all modelling lights on all packs on/off. Overall powersetting is very comfortable via the RFS camera transmitter.

Cheers, Ulf

skimasks

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:21 pm »

Very true.. my mistake  :)
I will be picking up a servor d as soon as I pick up a second pack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up