Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garden  (Read 762 times)

tq-g

Garden
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »

This is a sight I walk passed quite often and there's always theese wonderful colors. So, passing by early one morning I decided to take a few shots and see how it would turn out. I like the result and I think the fence turned out to be an interesting compositional element.

Garden

popnfresh

Re: Garden
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »

The red fence with the blue gate is the whole show. The background and the light aren't adding anything. I'd find it more interesting if the gate were open to the garden behind it.

tq-g

Re: Garden
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:04:36 am »

An open gate would have made it more inviting, both for the subject and composition. Normally I think I would have like that; having this colorful and inviting garden, perhaps a little later when the first morning light just reached in. I can see that image working, and being a very romantic view. Here though, I really wanted the fence to do, well, what fences are supposed to do - keep you out. On the other side we have someones private and cherished posseions; we're only allowed to look at it from the outside. The fence being more symbollic as far as it's function goes, and decorative with it's bright and clear colors, I think underscores the benevolent nature of the place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up