Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sold: Hasselblad H3D-39 39mp kit for sale in Toronto  (Read 2538 times)

marat

sold: Hasselblad H3D-39 39mp kit for sale in Toronto
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:15:42 pm »

On Friday I traded it for cash, 3 CCD P2 Pro video camera, and 8' studio stand. Great camera, sorry to see it go.

Hasselblad H3D-39 kit for sale by established photographer in downtown west Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and can be shipped anywhere. Local pickup welcome.
The quality of the images will blow you away. Zoomed in at 100%, corner to corner, practically any aperture, you can just reach out and touch the image.

As a pre-sale test, I took it it on a short hike, holding it in my right hand while walking (no neckstrap used). You can hold this camera for hours. Try doing that with a Mamiya without the $1000 grip. And yes, I also have a full AFD system, and have tried walking around with it, and it feels like it will slip out of my hands.

I took the 80mm that is with the kit, as well as my 28mm HCD, a lens so impressive that it alone is worth getting this system. The lenses were used 0.5-1.5 stops from wide open, just to keep some depth of field, although I have found that all the HC lenses work great wide open. All shot handheld, no support, and very quickly. Try doing that with a tech camera. I have posted full res jpegs at "high" quality, straight out of Phocus, no dynamic range adjustments or extra sharpening. Take a peek at the details at 100%, and you will see why people shoot medium format, and why I think the Hasselblad lens lineup is so stellar.

Two shots are at ISO 100, a one stop boost from base ISO.  Third one is at ISO 400, a stop from ISO 800 max ISO, with 28mm handheld, while moving, 1/100s at f5 (stopped down 1/2 stop), done in a forest, while walking. I think that the results at 400 ISO show that there is no need to fear high ISO with this camera.

The ZIP file is 41mb, so please download only if you are considering buying this camera from me. Here is the link.

You will not find this level of quality, integration, ease-of-use, and automation at this price point anywhere else. This is for those that want the absolute best image quality without having to re-mortgage their house, and this will provide years of shooting at a very high quality level.

Discount on multiple items in same transaction - tell me what else you are looking for, as I may not have listed yet.

Reason for sale: too much gear, and can't justify cost in keeping it. I also have the H3DII-39, which is almost the same except for screen and button layout on back, and used goes for $3k more typically. I was keeping this one for art repro work, but lost my space that had the art repro room I built. If I was on a tight budget, and not doing consulting and training, I would use the $3k for other stuff, and keep this one. Shoots just as fast - which is fast. You put in a UDMA card, and you would surprised at the shot to shot speed.

I also have the H3DII-39 and besides having a bigger, brighter screen, operation of the H3D-39 is nearly identical, and specs and performance is identical, incl ISO 800. Also, compatible with UDMA CF cards, like Extreme IV, for much faster shooting and downloading. Has a FW800 socket, and no problem using a FW800 to FW400 cable. I will include your choice of either 15' tether cable.

As well, you would be surprised at how many times the built-in pop-ip flash has helped, and it gives you good TTL control. All in all, a very sophisticated, dare I say, most sophisticated, MF DSLR camera out there.

Includes:
+ Hasselblad H3D-39 body — v 2.2.2, 15.0.0, 3,096 actuations only! (shot about 100 more since the count)
+ Hasselblad HV 90x prism finder — v 1.0.2
+ Hasselblad HC 80mm f/2.8 lens — v 12.0.0, 1224 actuations only! (new sells for $2195)
+ Hasselblad 39 digital back — v 3.9.0, 3,096 actuations only!
+ Hasselblad original case.
+ I will make you a custom DVD with the excellent, free, easy Phocus 2.6 software, both Mac and Windows versions. It also does small format DSLR RAW files, and the free iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad instant, zoomable preview, and all the online resources that have been available for this, for your convenience.

Price: $9000. CAD clear to me I bought this used for an incredible deal, and taking a $5k hit on it at this price.

or how about this for a unique offer: add $600 CAD (half of normal price), all inclusive, and have an experienced digital tech (me) for a whole day, training you on it in a gorgeous, high end photo studio in Toronto, with a 27" quad core imac, including use of any 3 additional HC lenses to test that I have on hand that day: 28, 35, 50, 80, 100, 150, 210, 300, 1.7x, as well as $400 rental voucher towards Profoto or Speedotron lighting, backgrounds, etc. Just want to see it go into good hands. Face to face transaction preferred, so trying to make it worth your while. Here is the website of the Toronto day rental photo studio.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Body nicks have not been touched up, and I bought the camera that way. Everything works 100%. Way faster shoot to card operation and back navigation than P45, which I also have.

Variety payment methods accepted. We have full credit card and debit processing, incl debit in person.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:37:28 pm by mirlada »

felix5616

Re: FS: Hasselblad H3D 39 Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:05:30 pm »

i am interested but would like to know your price

marat

Re: FS: Hasselblad H3D-39 Kit
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 08:48:52 pm »

more info posted, including price of $9000 and an interesting offer, if you are near Toronto, or would like to visit here and do an in-person transaction.

marat

I posted more info and three full-res sample files shot yesterday with this camera, near Niagara Falls, Canada, with two of the jpegs also showing the incredible 28mm HCD lens, with one of those showing ISO 400 on this 39mp digital back and camera combo for sale in Toronto. The 400 ISO shot is done all available light, in a forest, which has to be one of the most challenging circumstances for dynamic range. Check out how the leaves differentiate, and the shadow detail and noise from 1 stop from max ISO.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:17:04 pm by mirlada »

Royaldream

hi
is it still available?
Pages: [1]   Go Up