Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems Importing scanned image into LR3  (Read 810 times)

Mark F

Problems Importing scanned image into LR3
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:13:25 am »

Every now and then when I import a scanned image into LR3 the colors change dramatically and I haven't got a clue as to what is happening. I've attached two screen shots, the first how the image looks in Vue Scan after the scan and the second how it looks after being imported into LR3. No processing in LR3 has been done and I have no idea where the purple/cyan comes from. Original shot on Velvia. Can anyone tell me what's going on?  

Thanks.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:14:57 am by Mark F »
Mark

jaapb

Re: Problems Importing scanned image into LR3
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:58:21 am »

Hi Mark,

You are outputting DNG's in Vuescan, which isn't a very good idea.
Been there, done that, lots of problems. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=52578.0
Basically it boils down to the fact that Vuescan DNG's are not proper raws, they are rendered untagged files. Preferably you want to process rendered and tagged files in LR3 rather than untagged rendered files.
A remedy is outputting your scans in Vuescan as 16 bit Tiffs and use Prophoto RGB as outputprofile.
Hope this helps.

Jaap

Mark F

Re: Problems Importing scanned image into LR3
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:33:53 pm »

Thanks Jaap. It never occurred to me that the Vue Scan DNG was the cause. Since the TIFF files are so large I thought I would save some overhead by saving to DNG format, but I guess not.
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up