Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMac 27 or NEC PA241W  (Read 1564 times)

scrinch

• www.jkwhitephoto.com
IMac 27 or NEC PA241W
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:44:26 am »

I have struggled for years with older equipment and have finally decided to upgrade to some extent.

I am looking at the I Mac 27 and wonder if anyone has any experience with it and how good the monitor is for graphics .  I talked to one pro who does Maine Home Magazine layout on this machine and loved it but would like other opinions.   My second option is to stick with the G5 I now have and go with a NEC Pa241 monitor.   

alansky

Re: IMac 27 or NEC PA241W
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 12:59:25 pm »

Personally, I think the iMac screens look wonderful. They are so much brighter, sharper and clearer than the matte-finish Apple displays they replaced that it isn't even funny. Whatever you do, you should most definitely upgrade your aging G5.

More generally, any high-quality modern computer display will be perfectly fine for doing graphics. If you're designing for the web, what others see when they view your work is going to depend on their screen, not yours. And if you design for print, well... Getting the final print to match what you see on your screen is a subject unto itself.

If I were you, I'd get a new iMac. It's a no-brainer. The screens are gorgeous. Just don't set it up where the ambient light is too bright or you may have trouble with reflections. Actually, too much ambient light is bad for graphics work no matter what monitor you're using.
Pages: [1]   Go Up