Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm - large company - the right response to criticism  (Read 3334 times)

design_freak

Fujifilm - large company - the right response to criticism
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:01:33 pm »

I know that does not apply to medium format, but it raises a very interesting topic. Until now I thought that only a small (family businesses) such as the Arca-Swiss or Alpa, are able to adequately respond to reports of an error of construction, etc. It reminds me of a thread about extension tubes of the system H. Where I was attacked by troops from Hasselblad . None of them even over this has not stopped. Not to mention to check that. The Alpa would meet a couple of engineers, it was verified whether this actually is, and you might expect responses like: this is true, we checked it, we are working on improving ...
And yesterday I found something that surprised me, really nice.
 The statement from Fujifilm Japan says: 'Fujifilm is planning to release a new version of firmware in the near future. The new firmware will include and respond to some of functionality posted by dpreview.'  It can be done? As you can see it is possible :-) And that is what builds the brand and its reputation.
Just a lot of work and even more humility

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmx100/page27.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1105/11053105fujifilmx100update.asp

I would add that envoys from the Fujifilm is not blew up the editorial dpreview.com  ;D
Best regards,
DF

Nick-T

Re: Fujifilm - large company - the right response to criticism
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:11:30 pm »

Hi Design Freak
I don't think anyone really "blew up" at you. Clearly you have an agenda here being as you are an Ex-Hasselblad dealer, perhaps you could create a signature to give an indication of this, something like:

"Ex-Hasselblad Dealer gone bust now seriously annoyed at Hasselblad"

How does that sound?

As for Firmware Hasselblad are constantly incorporating user's requests into firmware so I'm not sure how you think Fujifilm are unique in this regard.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:54:26 pm »

I use this equipment, I have the right to speak about it as a user. It is this thread talking about it. Instead, do something,You  reacting attack. Here I can be even Prince Charles, whoever. If I write here that the viewfinder is too short and we might do something about it. (H4D200MS) You read it as an attack. You better learn your lesson. Nobody gives guidance today for free. Hasselblad should listen to what users say. Hardware will get better.
You can write whatever you want, but only use the arguments on the subject. I have no reason to be angry at Hasselbald. With the exception of marketing, which I do not like.

Yours
Design Freak
Best regards,
DF

Nick-T

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:55:53 pm »

Thanks for the, uh clarification :)

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

TechTalk

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:40:17 pm »

I use this equipment, I have the right to speak about it as a user. It is this thread talking about it. Instead, do something,You  reacting attack. Here I can be even Prince Charles, whoever. If I write here that the viewfinder is too short and we might do something about it. (H4D200MS) You read it as an attack. You better learn your lesson. Nobody gives guidance today for free. Hasselblad should listen to what users say. Hardware will get better.
You can write whatever you want, but only use the arguments on the subject. I have no reason to be angry at Hasselbald. With the exception of marketing, which I do not like.

Yours
Design Freak

Most people offer criticism in a manner which is fair, objective, and also considerate. A few desire to do injury to others and disguise it as fair and objective--though the motive is usually obvious to those who don’t share that same desire.

I leave it to each to form their own opinion. However, I’m glad I’m not your ex.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

happyman

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:55:19 pm »

"However, I’m glad I’m not your ex"

You nailed it  :D

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 03:36:26 am »

As for Firmware Hasselblad are constantly incorporating user's requests into firmware so I'm not sure how you think Fujifilm are unique in this regard.

Nick-T

It's very interesting, I do not doubt it. Only after such an article, the reaction would be similar to that of this thread. You know how much time you deal with such changes (firmware) I wanted to show that it must change the way Hasselblad think and act. Otherwise, Hasselblad may end up as the Nokia.
Best regards,
DF

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »

Hilarious thread - makes me feel like I'm sitting in a lounge bar in Palm Springs with Gordon Gekko  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:29:52 pm by lowep »

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 05:35:29 pm »

What a shocker, a company responds to criticism and makes changes in their firmware. The only difference here is that Fuji stroke the e-peen of DPReview, while all other companies don't.

Otherwise, Hasselblad may end up as the Nokia.

You mean Hasselblad will become the biggest camera maker in the world with the largest market share, wide product portfolio, and solid profit margin? Dire straits, indeed.

design_freak

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 06:25:33 pm »

What a shocker, a company responds to criticism and makes changes in their firmware. The only difference here is that Fuji stroke the e-peen of DPReview, while all other companies don't.
Yes, I believe that they kept up with the class. They accepted criticism, responded that they improve the firmware. I am confident that they'll do it quickly. Because they are for the customer, not vice versa. I recall that on a very simple change in the firmware we waited almost two years. (a large company with great history and reputation)
You mean Hasselblad will become the biggest camera maker in the world with the largest market share, wide product portfolio, and solid profit margin? Dire straits, indeed.
Dude do homework, we will return to this theme, I see that you are not very versed in this market.
Best regards,
DF

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 07:01:07 pm »

Dude do homework, we will return to this theme, I see that you are not very versed in this market.

Yeah, let's revisit it when you start making sense.

Dude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up