Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: reflections on reflections  (Read 4359 times)

stamper

Re: reflections on reflections
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 10:38:04 am »

"It's perfectly fine that it's not street photography. This isn't the Luminous Street Photograph website. It's also not the Luminous Logger website." :)

Amen to that!

It is interesting to me that, in spite of this forum's name, how often really good landscapes are met with disdain, particularly if they are color landscapes.

It is a subjective matter of taste. No problem if they are even handed. Alas some aren't. :-X

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »

"It's perfectly fine that it's not street photography. This isn't the Luminous Street Photograph website. It's also not the Luminous Logger website." :)

Amen to that!

It is interesting to me that, in spite of this forum's name, how often really good landscapes are met with disdain, particularly if they are color landscapes.

I think it's chiselled on the LuLa Tablets somewhere that the title was never meant to make it an 'exclusive to landscape' concept; after all, the landscape includes all of life, much of it transcending any outdoor phenomenon that's currently around.

I would also suggest that were the non-landscape people expelled with a roll of thunder and flashes of lighting (it's catching, Fred!), it would lose a hell of a lot of its viewers. Why? Because you can't live on caviar all day long.

Rob C

popnfresh

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 08:33:46 pm »

I can't recall an instance when a really good landscape was met with disdain in this forum. And particularly not merely because it was a landscape and not some other genre. Of course, one man's "good" can be another's "awful", so it's possible there was one you liked that was ripped apart by the forum's resident pitbulls. In which case you have my condolences.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up