Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photshop:Turn Photo into Line Drawing  (Read 4751 times)

Jer

Photshop:Turn Photo into Line Drawing
« on: July 04, 2005, 04:52:49 pm »

naksum, I have an idea what you're writing about, but I don't know how to do this. When using photokit sharpener I'll see the image transformed into a black and white composite, which looks really cool. If anyone does know how to do this I too am interested in learning how. Best,

Jeremy

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 07:58:06 pm »

If you are talking about creating a vector file, I think you need Illustrator or Corel Draw and use the trace utility. Even at that, you would get spotty results since edges are not technically defined.

I created a pen effect using the Photoshop "Poster Edges" filter. At 11 x 14, these are like looking at an inked illustration. The monochrome conversion is needed first to minimize the confusion and give the filter something meaty to work with.

Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

naksum

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 11:13:54 am »

My architect friend wants to quickly turn photographs of buildings into line drawings in Photoshop. I can see ways to do that with filters, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a plug-in that could quickly do the job in a n elelgant way? Thanks.

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 06:39:46 pm »

This is commonly used in advanced sharpening tecniques, use this to create a mask and then you're only sharpening edges - but I think Naksum was after a plugin rather than the simple use of this filter....

Filter, Stylize, Find Edges
Image Adjust Desaturate
Pages: [1]   Go Up