Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson premium luster in ipf 8300?  (Read 1413 times)

Jozef Zajaz

Epson premium luster in ipf 8300?
« on: May 29, 2011, 04:41:29 am »

Is that possible?

If so where do i get the correct profile? Reason that i'm asking is that i bought 2 24" rolls of this papper for 30 bucks

howardm

Re: Epson premium luster in ipf 8300?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:24:58 am »

you probably need to have a custom paper profile made.

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:27:31 am »

Was thinking someone already made one?

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 10:49:39 am »

If you haven't already, be sure to use your printer's on-board calibration routine (very important!). Afterwards I would recommend having a  custom i1Profiler profile made. Between the legal issues constraining profile distribution and complications with people calibrating their printers to different papers, or not calibrating at all - all things point to make sure you've got killer custom profiles if you're trying to do top notch work. In the long run, not having excellent profiles costs more money than it takes to make excellent ones. 
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »

I recall seeing some mentions on the forum of papers that were essentially substitutes for Premium Luster.  Using the media and profile from one of those would probably get your pretty close.  What's the Canon RC paper closest to Premium Luster?  I don't know, but I suspect there is probably a suitable media file and profile on the printer right now, or at least good enough to get you into the $30 ball park.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 01:53:02 pm »

Custom profiles are generally best, though the manufacturer profiles now are really quite good.

If you can't find the canned profile for Epson premium lustre for your printer, try using Kodak Professionals Lustre icc profile or Breathing Color's Vibrance Lustre icc profile for your printer.  I think you'll find it works pretty well.  Before adopting custom icc profiles in my workflow, I used to use Kodak's icc profile over the Epson premium lustre profile on my Epson 9800.  Skin tones just were better with the Kodak profile.

ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up