Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson pro 9600 Flushing Box Overflow  (Read 2991 times)

Photopro888

Epson pro 9600 Flushing Box Overflow
« on: May 28, 2011, 01:51:05 pm »

Have an Issue with my 9600… the flushing box will start to overflow after two cleanings. (it will overflow after just doing normal printing also) What I have tried so far, taken the box and the pump cap assy out of the printer and cleaned out the tubes and the box and what ever else could be cleaned, they look like almost new.

How they are set up… the Pump cap assy has a small tube coming from the pump that goes in though the flushing box and into a larger tube (witch is connected to the flushing box) then goes down though the printer into the maintenance tank.

What seems to be happening is the when a cleaning happens and the pump starts pumping, some how the ink is getting into the box and doesn’t drain properly, so how is this happening when the small tube is a good 5-6 inches into the lager tube.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! 

-Darren

deanwork

Re: Epson pro 9600 Flushing Box Overflow
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:35:13 am »

Things to think about:

If your maintenance tank is empty and the hose is clearly where it is supposed to be, I would check to see if there is a crack in the tank itself or the upper part of the hose.
Also check  all ink lines to see they are not split or there is a leak where the lines go into the dampers by the head. It is possible that the pump itself is worn out and ink is backing up ( does it sound funny?). I just replaced the pump/cap assembly on this printer and put in a new head and the pump/cap assembly costs about $80.00 and as a unit is  very easy to replace when you remove the right printer cover. You are really going to have to remove that cover anyway to see what is going on.

http://www.compassmicro.com/parts2.cfm?CFID=196694&CFTOKEN=15720801&jsessionid=f030a00393ef00df9a5f1666467547c5e596
Pages: [1]   Go Up