Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help with these pics  (Read 5643 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: I need help with these pics
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 02:47:46 pm »

@Rhossydd
Thank you for your support. And yes you are correct, the 5D MKII has replaced a lot of cameras at colleges, university, the army and even the BBC. Because it's a full frame sensor it has more to offer in terms of learning digital cinematography and photography in one tool.
Yes, it's fashionable in some quarters at the moment.
Don't think it makes any serious impact into television production though. It's a momentously poor tool for television production.

AvidVisionary

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 03:01:00 pm »

I personally think they don't want to change their work flow.

nightfire

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 03:10:44 pm »

I believe it's a testimonial to the ingenuity of the Canon 5d Mk2 that it can be used by "pros" as well as photographers of any other level. Many other camera systems are not that forthcoming.

Rhossydd

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 03:46:56 pm »

I personally think they don't want to change their work flow.
If that's a reply to my comment; "Don't think it makes any serious impact into television production though. It's a momentously poor tool for television production."

You've just demonstrated you really don't have a clue about television production either.

AvidVisionary

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »

The BBC it self does not want to change their work flow. They hire out work to production agencies who use the MKII. I should have been clear. I am not into television production. I am more into feature films.

Rhossydd

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 04:09:28 pm »

The BBC it self does not want to change their work flow. They hire out work to production agencies who use the MKII. I should have been clear. I am not into television production. I am more into feature films.
You might find any credibility you have left will be best retained by not making any more uninformed replies here.
Don't kid yourself the 5D is any way into feature film production either.

AvidVisionary

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »

I am not making things up. The BBC does not want to change their work flow of using BETAcam to DSLR. To many technical problems with MKII to be used as a video camcorder like over heating the sensor.

kitalight

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 04:39:11 pm »

Kitalight,

I am not going to do anything with the pictures. I will delete them as I have no use for them. I wanted help with the lens and to know how to fix any distortion and vignetting. I got the response I was looking for.

Well I hope so...because your original post said that the image was correctly exposed and yet was flat...("The pictures were exposed correctly. They are all flat without white balance.")....and THAT is what I was addressing...

...Asking about the affect of technology on the image is a fair question to pose here, but I addressed the issue of technique
...that is why I suggested that you consider looking into the post-processing forum, where you may get get better answers and solutions to your disatisfaction....  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:40:53 pm by kitalight »

Rhossydd

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 06:16:19 pm »

I am not making things up.
Any real personal experience of working for the BBC ? or have you just read a few other uninformed web forum postings ?
The BBC does not want to change their work flow of using BETAcam to DSLR.
Get up to speed. Betacam is an SD format and hasn't been used for BBC acquisition for years
To many technical problems with MKII to be used as a video camcorder like over heating the sensor.
Hardly the main issue..............

You might like to seriously consider posting any more unfounded opinions to this forum. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here that really DO know what they're talking about.

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2011, 03:51:29 am »

Kitalight,

I am not going to do anything with the pictures. I will delete them as I have no use for them. I wanted help with the lens and to know how to fix any distortion and vignetting. I got the response I was looking for.

Shoot raw and use ACR or Lightroom and use the lens correction part of your raw processing and you can solve your distortion issue.

AvidVisionary

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 03:59:08 am »

@Wolfman

I have light room. I am going to find the settings and play around. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:56:33 am by AvidVisionary »

Clearair

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2011, 04:38:18 am »

If you shoot video you may be using a Mac pro so look at Aperture, £45 ?? on Apples apps shop last time I looked.

Pro software for Raw.

It is also a good library app, will play video.

I help a video editor buy his first 5D11 but you must not overlook the stills side.

stamper

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2011, 05:37:54 am »

Quote viewfinder.

Lighting is everything, and mainly the 'secret ingredient' in the way pro work stands apart from amateur efforts.     If you had watched some of the pro photogs a Chelsea you would have noticed that most were using fill flash or even handheld off camera flash, albeit at low level.  

Unquote

How do you recognize a pro from an amateur? Because one is paid and the other is not then it doesn't equate to competence. Also the gear they use isn't a guide. I am not a pro but today I am going out with a canong12 to shoot but tomorrow it maybe a Nikon d700 and some "good looking" glass. I think the comment is a bit presumptuous. :)

viewfinder

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2011, 07:03:48 am »

....Er,...no more "presumptuous" than thinking that lack of competance does not affect prefessionalism.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:15:29 am by viewfinder »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up