Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus 22 vs New Canon 5D Mark III  (Read 14984 times)

telyt

Re: Leaf Aptus 22 vs New Canon 5D Mark III
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53:19 pm »

Indeed, I noticed the other day that used Canon 5DMK-II cameras at KEH were listed at $2,599, $199 higher than new pricing because of the inventory shortage.

Or perhaps because a used one has been de-bugged  ;)

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 10:06:14 am »

There are two issues here - ease of use and "keepers".

Ease of use has been well discussed, and there is little to take away from a DSLR in that regard.

Keepers is a more personal issue, and depends on what you value, what works for you, and what gives the best result.

I have had many cameras that are easy to use, but my keepers seem to come these days from MFDB. There are many reasons I would like this not to be the case (including bulk and shots lost due to poor technique) but when it is good, its quite worthwhile.
Geoff

fredjeang

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:26 am »

Heu...sorry if I'm living on planet Mars, but I re-read the OP title and it escaped me that it is pointed 5DMK3.

Is the camera released now??

JV

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 10:27:29 am »

No, only rumors that it will be 32MP, etc.

DennisWilliams

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »

I've spent  a quarter century shooting 67  and regardless of the pixel count in the Canon the aspect ratio is the same. For 95% of the vertical shots I take the 2:3 aspect ratio will never  be acceptable to me.

There is more to a camera than pixel count and software choices.

fredjeang

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 06:27:50 pm »

It seems that there is not really a consensus about the aspect ratios, and no manufacturer has brought a satisfactory answer so far. On the other hand I find the Arri camera solution: Frame Line Composer, simple and it could be very easy to apply something in the same spirit. It is a digital tool that allows you to create markings according to your requirements. Putting the created xml file into the camera via card and you're done. That could be a feature available from C1 or Phocus for ex. Then displayed digitaly in-camera.

I agree, the aspect ratio is very important.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:34:49 pm by fredjeang »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up