Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V6 Crashing / need to un-install  (Read 3536 times)

billy

V6 Crashing / need to un-install
« on: May 26, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »

hello, I have had several major crashes while using 6.1.1 on a new mac tower running 10.6.7.( the screen goes grey from the top of the monitor and drops down like a curtain and then I get a message to power off the machine, also having other types of crashes ) I found an old thread that showed how to un-install V5, did it and then I reloaded it but problem persists. I am hoping I didnt un-install correctly. Can someone post the un-install method for V6?

I can try 6.1.2 if it is recommended, last I heard here on the forum it was not.

Keith Reeder

• Capture The Moment
Re: V6 Crashing / need to un-install
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »

6.2.1 has just been released - supposedly fixing many Mac-related stability bugs.
Keith Reeder
Blyth, NE England

mediumcool

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 06:47:43 am »

hello, I have had several major crashes while using 6.1.1 on a new mac tower running 10.6.7.( the screen goes grey from the top of the monitor and drops down like a curtain and then I get a message to power off the machine, also having other types of crashes ) I found an old thread that showed how to un-install V5, did it and then I reloaded it but problem persists. I am hoping I didnt un-install correctly. Can someone post the un-install method for V6?

I can try 6.1.2 if it is recommended, last I heard here on the forum it was not.

What you have been getting are kernel panics—they bring down the entire OS. Not good. I have been having system freezes since installing C1 6.2 on my 2010 iMac, and yesterday experienced my first C1 panic, so will be trying the 6.2.1 update soon.

Another annoying feature (?) is video distortion when making changes in viewing size or applying corrections; it can persist for seconds.

FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:21:37 am »

Another annoying feature (?) is video distortion when making changes in viewing size or applying corrections; it can persist for seconds.

Most likely related to the GPU acceleration. As a minimum, update the video drivers.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

mediumcool

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:15:42 am »

Most likely related to the GPU acceleration. As a minimum, update the video drivers.

Cheers,
Bart

On a Mac?  ;)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 08:54:33 am »

On a Mac?  ;)

Why not?
See e.g. http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.01.00f03v7-driver.html
But then I don't know your hardware specifics, so this may not apply to your system.

I don't know if you can disable GPU acceleration in the C1 6.xx settings (or at the OS level) on a Mac, and see if that changes anything.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

mediumcool

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:05:56 am »

Why not?
See e.g. http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.01.00f03v7-driver.html
But then I don't know your hardware specifics, so this may not apply to your system.

I don't know if you can disable GPU acceleration in the C1 6.xx settings (or at the OS level) on a Mac, and see if that changes anything.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart, but your link is for Mac Pros with Nvidia cards; as I stated in my first post, I am using a 2010 iMac.

mediumcool

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:12:43 am »

Waiting. And waiting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up