Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Textured Fine Art Replacement?  (Read 961 times)

Garnick

Textured Fine Art Replacement?
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:16:29 pm »

Hello All,

For a few years I've been using Epson Textured Fine Art paper and my customers have grown rather fond of it. Now of course it has been dropped by Epson, so I'm trying to find a replacement. In the interest of efficient use of time and resources I would like to mine the knowledge of those of you who have had to do the same thing. I will of course have to do my own research as well, but with your help I'll hopefully have some excellent places to start that search.

Thank you all in advance for any information you can put forth. Much appreciated.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

howardm

Re: Textured Fine Art Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 04:35:35 pm »

I'd suggest contacting one of the better more full service paper suppliers like Shades of Paper.  Maybe they can recommend a reasonable replacement.  My understanding is that it is/was made by Crane so it's also possible that someone else sells it under a different name (ie. Epson is simply no longer OEMing it)

Canson and Hahn have a large # of FA papers w/ texture

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 04:43:03 pm »

Hahnemuhle William Turner is a favorite of mine and it has a nice texture and good white without OBAs.  I've also printed on Museo Textured Rag (which may be the Epson look alike).  I've run some tests on Canson Arches Aquarelle and Montval Aquarelle (the former is a rag paper while I don't believe the latter one is).  Both are promising.  Shades of Paper should be able to do a test pack of 5 sheets each of those papers for you to try out.

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:56 pm »

I did a quick filter on my inkjet paper list (http://www.danecreekfolios.com/inkjet-paper-list/) to see what came up with heavy texture. Here are some possiblities:

Canson Arches Aquarelle
Canson Mi-Teintes
Canson Montval Aquarelle
Epson Cold Press Bright
Epson Cold Press Natural
Hahnemuhle William Turner
Moab Somerset Enhanced Textured
Crane Museo MAX

Personally I rarely print on stuff this textured, but I did have quite a bit of fun for some reason with the Museo MAX paper when I had samples on hand. There was something about its texture that I just liked with some of my images.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!
Pages: [1]   Go Up