Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parent Folder/Subfolder Modification  (Read 1147 times)

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
Parent Folder/Subfolder Modification
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:03:24 pm »

In my never-ending evolution of attaining some mastery over the Lightroom Library module, I'm not certain from my reading of my texts and viewing of my video tutorials just how to do the following:

As of now, all my folders of my shoots are organized (and titled) by dates, i.e., "20110501 Dry Falls".  As this list of folders is getting rather long, I am now desirous of rendering all these folders as subfolders under a new parent folder such as "Photos 2011."  This would be easy to manage under Windows Explorer (or Bridge).  However, I have been advised frequently in this forum to try to remain (and do everything possible) within Lightroom itself.  I understand this.   

So, how can I do this within Lightroom (or can't I)? 
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: Parent Folder/Subfolder Modification
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:22:35 pm »

I had the same problem.
Solution: Drag and drop inside LR Library.
Unfortunately multiple drag and drop seems not to work, at least I didn't make it working.
So - drag and drop subfolder #1, then #2, then #3, .....

BradSmith

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 12:31:07 pm »

You can do it all in LR.   Assuming that all your photo folders are in some other folder, such as Pictures, or Photos, etc, highlight the parent folder in the left hand side of the library module.   Then under the Library drop down menu, choose New Folder and give it your name, ie, Photos 2011.   Or you can right click on the parent folder and choose New Folder.   Then in the same left hand window, just drag an drop your date specific folders into the new Photos 2011 folder.
Brad

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 12:35:35 pm »

Thanks, guys.  You seem to be in essential agreement.  It does seem rather straight-forward.  I'll give it a try this evening.
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up