Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Leaf afi have any future?  (Read 8775 times)

Graham Mitchell

Re: Does Leaf afi have any future?
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 05:59:21 pm »

I hope that is correct, but I am unsure..

I wonder how it can have been fixed if no new bodies have been made?
If the ones they sell now is still from the original production they most likely
all have the same weekness still...?

Henrik

The original poster wrote that the issue was with Leaf backs. It had nothing to do with the AFi/Hy6 camera.

henrikfoto

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 06:03:53 pm »

Sorry, I was a bit quick!

But I have heard that it has been problems with the electrical connectins from the afi/hy6 to the back.
Heard of anyone experiensing this?

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 06:50:57 pm »

Yes, that was with the backs where the cable connects from the digital back to the computer and has nothing to do with the camera.

With regard to the camera, there was an update that included some AF sensor parts and firmware that is useful so you'd want to buy one with that - check for firmware 3.10a3  Probably Leaf and Sinar and other distributors have stock of the original bodies somewhere that are older. Its not a problem really as you can send in the body to DHW for the upgrade for what is it 300 euro?, but easier to start with one already updated. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:54:43 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

xinchenc

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 02:27:01 pm »

Eric,

"Vastly superior" in every way?  Really? How do you get your Hy6 to flash sync at 1/1600?  How do you shoot anything faster than 1/1000 with a Hy6, since it does not have a focal plane shutter (and many Rollei PQ lenses only go to 1/500)?  How do you shoot with an ultrawide 28mm lens, or maybe a Zeiss superachromat telephoto lens, when there are no such lenses for the Hy6?

David

Even your 645DF can reach 1/1600 sec sync and your powerpack can reach <1/1600 sec flash duration at every output, what is the chance that you need 1/1600 sec to darken the ambient light?

As for the ultrawide 28mm lens,  what is the chance of using that 28mm lens?Do not forget Hy6 has the Zeiss 30mm lens(maybe that 2mm makes you be different).  How about a AFi-12 back on a view camera with 24mm Schneider lens?

If photography is just get wider lens (Canon EOS has 8mm fish eye lens) and faster shutter flash sync speed (Canon G10 can reach 1/4000 sec), how did Helmust Newton, William Klein or Gallen Rowell achieve their photography arts?

Xin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:29:42 pm by xinchenc »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up