Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP recommendation  (Read 1918 times)

hacimd

RIP recommendation
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:02:55 am »

I'm looking into finding information on a RIP system that can be used to calculate ink/print usage within a network.  The printers that we hope to network are all Epson brand-9800, 4900 and 9900.  The ideal system could be incorporated within a network and allows us to use our own custom profiles.  I've heard positive things about Papercut and Imageprint, but I've heard that imageprint provides the ICC profiles for different media-compared to papercut which allows you to use your own profiles.  Does anyone have any experience with either of these and how accurate are the imageprint profiles?  Any information would be appreciated. 
Thanks-

Sven W

Re: RIP recommendation
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:09:43 pm »

I'm looking into finding information on a RIP system that can be used to calculate ink/print usage within a network.  The printers that we hope to network are all Epson brand-9800, 4900 and 9900.  The ideal system could be incorporated within a network and allows us to use our own custom profiles.  I've heard positive things about Papercut and Imageprint, but I've heard that imageprint provides the ICC profiles for different media-compared to papercut which allows you to use your own profiles.  Does anyone have any experience with either of these and how accurate are the imageprint profiles?  Any information would be appreciated. 
Thanks-

I've been a ImagePrint user since 2003, and can't think how to work in another way. It's workflow is a must (for me).
Colorbyte Software has a freeware for IP users called Audit Print, which is useful for your purpose.

"What is AuditPrint?
AuditPrint is a utility that will audit prints made with ColorByte’s ImagePrint software. (It will also
work with AutoPrint, the Hot Folder utility supplied with ImagePrint).
When a print job is audited, information about the job will be written to a text file, typically for billing
purposes. The text file can be in the form of a standard, tab delimited one, or a comma delimited
file suitable for importing into a database such as Microsoft Excel.
AuditPrint runs in the background, and is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers
currently running ImagePrint."

The IP's profiles works only in that software, but you can make your own if you print the charts through IP.
And of course for softproofing in PS.
For the quality of IP profiles, I can only say that with recent top-printers, they're superb. Free of use and a huge library to pick from.
And not to forget; IP's B&W system.

/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden

Jeff Kott

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:27:54 pm »

I've been a ImagePrint user since 2003, and can't think how to work in another way.

/Sven

+1

I've been using Imageprint since 2005 on my Espon 4000 and now my Epson 4900 and I also can't think how to work another way.
 :)

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:37:30 pm »

Imageprint works so well that it requires almost no effort- you simply don't need to think about it; at least for what I am doing - single prints in large sizes on a selection of papers.  I wish all software programs were this invisible - it does what it is supposed to - with very occasional problems. I'm using an old version and will update at the last possible moment;it just works so well I don;t need the newest version.

Neil

enduser

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 02:30:01 am »

If you're on "Windows" Qimage Ultimate at $90 might solve most of your problems - it has automated job-logging and much more.  Big saving over $1500 if it can do what you want.  A Demo is available.  (No personal connection).

Qimage doesn't let you do lots of other things a Rip does though.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 03:43:14 am »

If you're on "Windows" Qimage Ultimate at $90 might solve most of your problems - it has automated job-logging and much more.  Big saving over $1500 if it can do what you want.  A Demo is available.  (No personal connection).

Qimage doesn't let you do lots of other things a Rip does though.

Recently the true printed area is added too for every printed job. It does not count the ML ink used though. For accounting it is quite easy to make a scheduled task that sends the job log data to the account system, another Qimage installed there to search in them. I have done that for that purpose and also to archive the log map if anything happens with the print server, I would not know how to do print repeats otherwise.

But with my HP Z3200-PS all the job log data is available on the network including used ML of ink per job which is better than taking an average per square feet of print. I can use both Qimage's log and the HP log to get a good report. One would think there should be something like that in the driver/utilities for the Epson 9900.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up