Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica S2 for Landscape Photography - What about Lens Options?  (Read 8428 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Leica S2 for Landscape Photography - What about Lens Options?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »

A Hasselblad DNG?  DNG's are not brand specific.  That's the idea of the format.

If only life were as simple as Adobe's marketing would lead you to believe.

Erick Boileau

• http://
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 01:35:47 am »

A Hasselblad DNG?  DNG's are not brand specific.  That's the idea of the format.
and Hasselblad says that  Capture one doesn't want to open  files (even dng) from Hasselblad

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 11:59:44 pm »

Im going to add a sort of conclusion to my thought process after more demo's and soul searching....

It is somewhat of a boring solution - but i've decided to quite literally do nothing at this point in time. The lack of lenses (and overall final price tag) of the S2 system has put me off (compared to pricing of the Pentax).

I will instead wait for the inevitable 1DS MKIV - since I have a big investment in Canon high end L glass and frankly really like the ergonomics and ruggedness of the 1 series cameras. This point was really hammered home to me on picking up all of the MFDB's that I played with and their respective bodies (except the Leica S2). Its a personal thing.

It has been a very interesting few weeks looking at the options out there (in quite some detail). The hands on tests have been the most eye opening for me and are ultimately what has convinced me to wait for the 1DS MKIV.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:07:02 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up