Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An update on my shrinkage issues  (Read 715 times)

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
An update on my shrinkage issues
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:56:02 am »

Well, I'm a tad embarassed.

Turns out most of my "shrinkage" issue was due to one badly created gallery wrap mirror that was off by 1/2 an inch. I took careful measurements on my last two canvas jobs and discovered the following:

1) After printing, before spraying, both prints were spot on for their dimensions. The 44" print was exactly 44" long. The 24" print was exactly 24". This is on LexJet Sunset Select Matte with their custom media type for the 8300.
2) After spraying both prints shrank by 1/8". That's right, only 1/8".

Guess I'm just lucky?

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Darrel

Re: An update on my shrinkage issues
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:43:35 am »

Some people have reported the lexjet media type is laying down too much ink, which leads to some ink pickup when rolling glamour 2.  I have to play with this in the next week or so.  If the prints shrink by 1/8 how much do they stretch when stretching? Thanks for the update

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: An update on my shrinkage issues
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:31:09 pm »

I'm spraying timeless, not rolling glamour, so there's no ink pickup issues that I can see.

The first one I was expecting to be off by a bit, so I left the bottom of the wrap as actual image area rather than mirrored edge to make it easy to stretch around the bars. I don't know how much it stretched.

The larger one I'm stretching tonight and will report back on how it goes.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!
Pages: [1]   Go Up