Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extension tubes - H system - low quality ???  (Read 7044 times)

design_freak

Re: Extension tubes - H system - low quality ???
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 04:10:03 pm »

:)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:56:34 pm by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 04:55:09 pm »

Sorry Steve, I disagree with you on this. I have seen a lot of topics opened just to point to one or more weaknesses (perceived or not) of Hasselblad. I have rarely seen this for P1. Indeed  there are even some people that are pretty loud for whatever reason. If what you believe to be the case is actually true, there would be people complaining about this forum being anti-P1 as well. Sofar I have not yet seen those.

Mmmm....no I don't think so Ray. And that was my point, and I think that is the reality, that there are some who post in dramatic tones, and for whatever reason, they tend to do that towards Hasselblad. But that is generally only a couple guys. I don't think that makes the whole forum anti-Hasselblad or pro-Phase One. If you search by name *Phase One* and by *Hasselblad* in the MF threads, going back until early 2010, these are the topic titles that came up that had any negative or potential negative implication for either brand:

Phase One
*Have Phase One screwed up? [resumed]
*Why not a CMOS sensor in the Phase One IQ series?
*Leaf LC11 11.3.6 and Phaseone DF crashes, bugs, stalls and other mysteries
*35mm problems on Phase One DF and AFD/III ?
*URGENT! need help for my damaged phaseone files...
*Phase One P65+ raw issue
*Maze/mosaic patterns in Phase One files

Hasselblad
*Hasselblad Lens Error Message
*Hasselblad light leak question

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »

I found some more:

Introducing the Hasselblad Royal Edition
If you want to buy Hasselblad
Hasselblad wants $1300 to clean my CCD

Naturally those are only the titles. You are right, in most cases the most vicious persons are the usual suspects. I wonder why, I have never felt the need or urge to try to bring down any of the brands I am not using at that particular moment in time. People choose there tools for what ever reason. There are circumstances I would currently suggest someone to have a serious look at either Leaf or a P1 product based upon their needs. The persons bashing on any tool often have a hidden agenda of why they do it and many times objectivity does not play a role in that. Having said that I also feel this forum often has an anti-HB bias more so than an anti-P1 bias, maybe that perception is not justified. For the moment my perception is still this way, maybe it gets proven wrong to me over time. We will see. OTOH, I don't loose a second of sleep over it so don't find it really important.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »

I found some more:

Introducing the Hasselblad Royal Edition
If you want to buy Hasselblad

How are these negatives?

Hasselblad Product announcement.
Instructions on how to buy Hasselblad.

Are those not positive titles?

Rejoinder: See that's exactly what I'm talking about!  ;D

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 05:34:31 pm »

;D Yeah right  ;D

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »

Ray,
If it makes you feel any better the CFii-39MS back came out on top in my testing just recently and I've bashed the DF body plenty.  I have now backs from all three and each has their strengths, same for the software.  I don't really think the forum is anti hasselblad or singles them out.   There are a few individuals that are let's say irrationally exuberant about certain makes, like myself and Rollei, or that guy for stitching with the D3X, but its all part of the forum community.
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 02:05:26 am »

:) Thanks Eric. I have absolutely no problems with people that are in love with the tools they use. On the contrary, I believe that is a good thing.

Peter Devos

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 04:59:32 am »

As Eric and Ray, i also want to see myself what a camera or back is worth in real life. But i also have a weakness for some brands such as Carl Zeiss Jena, Kiev and Dallmeyer because they made such great lenses that render so great on MFD. For now i think i would like to become an assistent to a photographer, just to be able to compare his or her way of working with my probably totally obsolete way of taking pictures ;D

jduncan

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 06:59:03 am »

Excuse me???

First of all thanks to Steve for pointing out that there is no person directly from the Phase One factory commenting.

Secondly, my job title is not "Luminous Landscape Fire Extinguisher" and I don't ruthlessly patrol this forum 24 hours a day looking for Hasselblad subjects.  As Steve also points out people like myself and Yair have numerous other responsibilities, as much as we would love to spend all day on the internet.  Therefore we cannot catch all posts. 

People know who I am, how to contact me, so if they have a question, then please send me a PM and I will answer it ASAP.

Its posts like this that make me rather spend my time on forums such as the Hasselblad Digital Forum and GetDpi.  James, have some professional courtesy please!

Regarding "design_freak" and his instant transition from No1 Fan to No1 Enemy is related to that fact that he used to represent us in an area of Eastern Europe and no longer does, due to not complying with his contractual obligations.

Regarding the Extension tubes.  They share exactly the same fit and mount as the H lenses and therefore I would not expect any abnormal play in their fitment.  Therefore if anyone is experiencing this then it would be wise to call in for a service.

Best Regards,

David

Ok.  My intention was not offending you. You are right that my starting comment was unnecessary and more motivated by frustration than nothing. But:

1. Phase one don't need  any official representative here.  I believe that is pretty evident. Representatives do an extraordinary work.
2. What I described about the help provided by Phase one people is true.
3.  Agree that my wording was not the best by far. Also I have a non photography related training and I could not help but do the experiment to see If we can magically conjure  your presence  mentioning your name. In one occasion I did so in order to get help for someone (60mpixel broken filter on Get DPI). When

I insist that you are right  "don't seem to care"  was unnecessary rude.  About your solution to call you if someone need help we will. But it's easy to just mention your name in a post.

Best regards,

James.
Note:
 To avoid confusion when I say magic I don't  imply that your presence here is only by magic is just a reference that we can summon you. In other words it's a joke.

english is not my first language, an I k

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 10:46:56 am »

Ok.  My intention was not offending you. You are right that my starting comment was unnecessary and more motivated by frustration than nothing. But:

1. Phase one don't need  any official representative here.  I believe that is pretty evident. Representatives do an extraordinary work.
2. What I described about the help provided by Phase one people is true.
3.  Agree that my wording was not the best by far. Also I have a non photography related training and I could not help but do the experiment to see If we can magically conjure  your presence  mentioning your name. In one occasion I did so in order to get help for someone (60mpixel broken filter on Get DPI). When

I insist that you are right  "don't seem to care"  was unnecessary rude.  About your solution to call you if someone need help we will. But it's easy to just mention your name in a post.

Best regards,

James.
Note:
 To avoid confusion when I say magic I don't  imply that your presence here is only by magic is just a reference that we can summon you. In other words it's a joke.

James,

There are easier and more professional ways to "summon" me as opposed to throwing an insult.

In this case a friend of mine sent me a link to the thread after my aforementioned summoning.

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 01:29:05 pm »

There are easier and more professional ways to "summon" me as opposed to throwing an insult.

In this case a friend of mine sent me a link to the thread after my aforementioned summoning.

Yes, in David's defense it's kind of implying a negative that you "summoned" him. While David, Steve, YaYa and I all spend time on the forums it's often in waves, at odd times during "off hours", and often days (or sometimes weeks) pass between our opportunities to do so. If you want to reach David I'm very confident (from the rare times I've needed to reach him and from his reputation with others) that he can be reached very quickly via his phone/email.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up