Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bienfang junk!  (Read 6559 times)

Richard Favinger Jr

• Favinger Photography
Bienfang junk!
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:39:11 pm »

Alright... I just got down to using my Bienfang de-roller on some work...

I must admit, the thing looks like a 5-year old put it together. Tacky glue on the edges and glue around the shaft (back) part of the roller. For around $260... I some how expected more.
Rich

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Bienfang junk!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:46:03 pm »

I must admit, the thing looks like a 5-year old put it together. Tacky glue on the edges and glue around the shaft (back) part of the roller. For around $260... I some how expected more.
Then return it to the vendor you purchased if from.  What assistance do you expect from us???

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 05:47:31 pm »

Then return it to the vendor you purchased if from.  What assistance do you expect from us???

Doesn't look like there's any assistance expected. The mini-review should be helpful for those who consider buying the product.

BobDavid

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »

I got frustrated enough with mine to buy a mint-condition used Seal (Bienfang bought them out) dry mount press on ebay to flatten photos. It does a terrific job.

Sven W

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:34:33 am »

I've seen some bad examples. Return it and be sure to get the 2" version. It's much easier to work with, compared to the 1.5".
Unfortunately the 2" is only made as 50" wide.

/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden

Shark_II

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:16:17 am »

Doesn't look like there's any assistance expected. The mini-review should be helpful for those who consider buying the product.

Bingo.  But I can't figure out why someone would buy one of the over-priced window shades myself.

Tom

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:56:12 am »

Bingo.  But I can't figure out why someone would buy one of the over-priced window shades myself.

Tom

Because it works well?

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Garnick

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 12:03:55 pm »

Because it works well?

Neil

Double BINGO!!!  I Have two and couldn't do without them, especially for Photo Papers(Luster & SemiGloss).  Yes, the fact that the edge strips keep moving around is a pain in the butt.  However, with a bit of maintenance you can somewhat overcome that.  The first one I bought looked like it had been either a demo or was otherwise used, so I returned it and got a NEW one.  It would appear that perhaps some vendors aren't as scrupulous as others -- Surprise Surprise!!! :-(

Gary

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:05:39 pm by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Shark_II

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »

Because it works well?

Neil

Because the same thing takes about 15 minutes and 10 bucks worth of material to make yourself.  And yes, works just as well.

But you are welcome to spend unreasonable amounts of money on anything you like.

Tom

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 02:29:26 pm »

I went down that route, Tom. It was awful. As Michael has said in the past, "Horses for Courses". For the volume I do and the time savings the d-roller provides, it was worth every penny.

(Although I would love a drymount press, but don't have space for it)

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!
Pages: [1]   Go Up