Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Finally Convinced Me to Stick With Lightroom (For Now)  (Read 7329 times)

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
Re: What Finally Convinced Me to Stick With Lightroom (For Now)
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 03:09:21 pm »

Jim,

I'm glad to hear that you're sticking with it, marriage counseling notwithstanding. The more I use Lightroom the more I like it. I think of "importing" as simply adding an additional record to my image database file. As pointed out in this thread many programs like Photoshop do that automatically when you click on save. Photomatix and the Nik suite are other examples....

Stick with it and good luck,

Stan

Stan (et.al.):  Ran my final tests this morning and all has (finally) turned out well.  I've tamed the beast so it does what I require of it.  (You'll note that I've departed from my marriage analogy.)  This forum (and contributions to this latest thread of mine in particular) have pointed me to the final means of control I have needed.  Many thanks to all (especially for your patience).  Jim 
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/

Wordwaster

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 09:22:13 pm »

Jim, I have been following your comments in the thread with interest, and wonder if you have checked the "include in catalog" box in the Export Location portion of the Export dialog.  If you do that, then you don't have to re-import the file into the catalog to use the database.  Maybe I missed a comment that you have done that.

Ward

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 10:55:30 pm »

Jim, I have been following your comments in the thread with interest, and wonder if you have checked the "include in catalog" box in the Export Location portion of the Export dialog.  If you do that, then you don't have to re-import the file into the catalog to use the database.  Maybe I missed a comment that you have done that.

Ward

Ward:  Only today, in my testing, I did just that, on the recent suggestion of someone else -- and it worked just fine!  That in fact is what enabled me finally to feel that I've solved my remaining problems.  Many thanks.  As good as all the texts and tutorials are for this very complicated (and wondrous) application, a good number of options in Lightroom I believe are not made sufficiently explicit (at least they haven't been for me).  Regards, Jim   
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up