Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green tint?  (Read 4998 times)

mediumcool

Re: Green tint?
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »

DNG opened in ACR, used ACR4.4 factory profile and clicked on the sunglasses frame under the cap for WB

Looking good!
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 12:00:16 am »

Evgeny,
         Why are you using PS?

Why not C1 or Leafcapture11, both of which are free to you as the owner of an Aptus?

I run into this quite often when clients insist I supply RAW files to them, which I sometimes do, just to teach them a lesson. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. You will achieve better results, quicker, and don't even get me started if you have to fix some moire on your child's T-shirt.

Jason.
Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

mediumcool

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 12:07:44 am »

I run into this quite often when clients insist I supply RAW files to them, which I sometimes do, just to teach them a lesson. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. You will achieve better results, quicker, and don't even get me started if you have to fix some moire on your child's T-shirt.

Jason.

I have had clients ask to me download files to their computer at the end of a shoot (mostly clients I don’t particularly trust) but when I tell them I only shoot RAW, and the size of the files, they suddenly lose interest! Chuckle!

evgeny

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 01:13:08 am »

Evgeny,
         Why are you using PS?
Why not C1 or Leafcapture11, both of which are free to you as the owner of an Aptus?
Jason.

Camera RAW has more options than LeafCapture to process .mos/.dng files. In adiition, the .dng is rather standard format than .mos. The Adobe is a software company, while Leaf is a hardware maker.
I use LeafCapture when shooting tethered. For this specific shoot, there is about no difference after white balancing XRite card in Camera RAW and LeafCapture. So, what is advantage of the LeafCapture?
I don't know why to pay $399 for C1 Pro, if a $600 PS CS5 already has Camera RAW.

PS: I'm going to Safari near Tel Aviv right now. Will read your replies today evening. Thanks!

mediumcool

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 03:44:11 am »

Evgeny,

Please download Capture One and try it for thirty days.

I have used various RAW converters and they all have their good bits, but I am a convert since buying C1 last year (have used Photoshop since V1.0.7).

TMARK

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 11:56:44 am »

My advice is to leave all the color checker/profile making for acurate color as opposed to pleasing color.  Just do what Yair did in ACR, if ACR is your thing.  Its simple and effective, prodicuing a pleasing result.  If I were taking pitures of children, I'd make them look healthy.  I'd shoot a white balance, find pleasing color in LR/C1/LC/ACR and work selects in Photoshop, if needed.  Making your own profile etc is a big time spend for no real gain.  Now if you are shooting textiles or cosmetics, a custom profile could prove useful. 

evgeny

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 01:07:37 pm »

Sensor profiles provide pleasant colors. I don't create profile for every shot. I often use profiles, which I already created for some time of a day. When I do new profile, I usually spend 3–5 minutes to shoot ColorChecker Classic target and then addition 3-5 minutes to generate profile and apply to all images. Not a big deal for good colors. Here is an example. Please note, I shot this photo in the middle of the day, under harsh Sun.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 01:18:36 pm by evgeny »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:30 pm »

And the same one with WB picked from the boy's shoe; It looks like the Colochecker thing is a hit and miss process. It might work when your lights are controlled but it also relies on Adobe's interpretation of colours in the profile, in this case Adobe's own engine seems to be doing a better job IMO

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Terence h

• Terence Hogben Photography
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 04:27:29 am »

Yes Yaya,s version is way better.
Terence Hogben. Durban. South Africa. ht
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up