Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One Media Pro - New Subforum Name  (Read 11184 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Phase One Media Pro - New Subforum Name
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:23:06 pm »

Admins:

Now that Phase One has announced Phase One Media Pro it seems this subforum should be renamed "Capture One and Media Pro".

Just a polite suggestion.

Thoughts?

rafox

Re: Phase One Media Pro - New Subforum Name
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:26:41 pm »

As a daily iView and Expression Media user of many years, I immediately purchased the upgrade and installed it, but alas it will not launch. The words Media Pro and Help appear next to the apple (OS 10.6.7 iMac 2010 i7 8gb ram) and that is all. Has any one installed and run Media Pro on a Mac successfully? Any hints or clues as to what to do?
Thank you.

msbc

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »

Running the trial on my MacPro and MacBookPro - both 10.6.7. I did read a suggestion about deleting the old Expression Media folders in 'Application Support' folder and preferences files in Preferences folder. Give that a try.
Mark Connell
Melbourne, Australia

Nick Rains

• http://www.nickrains.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 08:01:32 pm »

I got Media Pro running OK on my MBP. with an install of ExMedia2 still installed.

I am underwhelmed with it so far - seems almost identical to Exmedia2 (with a nice dark interface). At a first inspection, integration with C1 is awful - it seems you have to right click and Open In... just like you could do before. On a Mac this means a new 'session' or importing into an existing 'session', something which drove me nuts before. I think it will work better on a PC, again, just like before.

The big problem is, you are still relying on C1 - you don't seem to be able to simply take a single image from Media Pro, make an adjustment, and export it. You have to go through the whole rigmarole of adding the folder to a C1 session and then exporting the file you want.

Look, I have only been fiddling with it for a short while, maybe I'm missing some clever shortcuts... happy to be corrected.

Nick Rains
Australian Photographer Leica

rafox

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:39:36 pm »

Thank you for your help.
I started a case number with Phase One and they replied:

Dear Richard,
I am sorry to hear that you are having such issues. We have seen an occasional conflict between the new Media Pro preference settings and the older Expression Media 2 preferences.

What usually helps in such situations is to delete the following files from your user account Library/Preferences folder
com.microsoft.expressionmedia2.plist
com.phaseone.mediapro.plist
com.phaseone.mediapro.settings

Then delete the Media Pro application from your Application folder and download the Media Pro from our website (or open the DMG if you still have it downloaded) and install it into Applications again.
Please make sure that Expression Media 2 is not running and then launch Media Pro.

I hope this will provide an acceptable solution to the problem. If not, please let us know and we will try to find another way how to satisfy your needs.
With kind regards,

Jakub
Phase One Technical Support

I did as they suggested and Media Pro still does not launch.

I am okay with Expression 2, just out $59 for the upgrade, at some point in the near future I imagine they will solve the problem with an update and then I can address the main issue they claimed to have fixed, the database size.

iView and Expression are both limited to 128,000 items and 2 gigabyte catalog size. Back in the iView days I sent several emails requesting the ability to build a bigger database, one big catalog going back to day one of digital, one long scroll through a decade of time, how sweet is that.

Phase One claims to have lifted the limit, please I want to build that catalog, I want to scroll that roll.

Any suggestions will be appreciated and tested.

Thanks again.

rafox

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:01:55 pm »

Oh well good news and bad news.
I did get Media Pro to launch but it did not work as I wished.
I had Capture One 5.1.2 installed (used it once or twice, my raw developer of choice is Lightroom), so I deleted the pref files for this and the pref and setting files for Expression Media, and now Media Pro launched.
I think it was the setting files that did it as I had not deleted those previously.
I built a catalog of almost 100,000 images and then added enough to go over the 128,000 previous limit and sure enough pop goes the catalog.
I am back to Expression Media 2, and will wait for the next bullet point of Media Pro to give another try.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:15:21 am »

I think it was the setting files that did it as I had not deleted those previously.
I built a catalog of almost 100,000 images and then added enough to go over the 128,000 previous limit and sure enough pop goes the catalog.
I am back to Expression Media 2, and will wait for the next bullet point of Media Pro to give another try.

You might want to read the various comments and/or post questions on the PhaseOne/MediaOne forum.
~ CB

rafox

Problem solved
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 11:11:51 pm »

I just installed the 1.0.1 update and problem solved.

Media Pro recognizes FZ-100 RW2 files, Expression Media 2 does not.

rafox

Media Pro still broken
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »

Whoops it worked a few times and now it will not launch again.

Maybe it is this and maybe it is that, but not worth the headache.

No problem with Expression Media 2, just convert to DNG on newer cameras.

Perhaps the next bullet point will resolve the issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up