Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad cameras record The Gig of the Century  (Read 5873 times)

Rob C

Re: Hasselblad cameras record The Gig of the Century
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »

Easy to criticise the photography, but we have no idea of what conditions the photographer was working under, how much time or how much say they had. Honestly I would not want that gig.

Kevin.

Damned right!

The two Royal pics in my site were one such dumb venture. I'd been booked to shoot the 'official' opening of the venue by its PR people for whom I already did work. Dressed in my suit(!), I sat in the PR's office awaiting the magic moment and then at the right time I made my way to the room where the thing was taking place, only to be barred by the security. I returned to the office and sat down, undoing my stuff to repack and go home. Minute or three later, the PR guy came running for me and I was ushered back and through the magic door just in time to catch Her Majesty signing the book... She was charming, at ease and very interested in the art on the walls etc. all in all, as good a subject as one could wish.

Somebody made reference to Annie L; even her shoot with the lady was taken up by the press and lies told about bad tempers etc... trust no papers! All they care about is moving more trash.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 03:36:30 pm »

Is not THIS photo more interesting?

It certainly is: I was looking for myself and then realised that, being in Spain, it was unlikely I'd have any luck. But, what I did find, over on the right somewhere, was a girl with one-and-a-half heads. That was really interesting. Dangerous stuff, stitching...

Rob C

pipzz

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 05:51:19 pm »

Definitely not Mario Testino.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 07:37:22 am »

At least they have some dignity

Sorry mate, can't stop laughing at that one.

design_freak

Best regards,
DF

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 02:40:51 pm »

Sorry mate, can't stop laughing at that one.

Don't worry about it; there's no accounting for humour.

Rob C

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 11:33:13 pm »

Yes, the multi GB pic of the Royal procession was much more interesting--I'd like to know the technique used--I'm just guessing but multiple cameras all triggered at the same time with same exposure, but maybe more to it?? Anyone know?

Another stitched image I really like is the National Geographic's stitched (83 images actually) image of the world's tallest redwood tree in Lady Bird Johnson Redwood Park in Northern California.  I especially appreciated that image since I photograph there often and find it to be one of the most challenging areas to photograph.  http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2009/09/redwoods.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up