Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Default Editor in Lightroom 3  (Read 1789 times)

BobD

Changing Default Editor in Lightroom 3
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:58:22 am »

In Lightroom, how do I change my default external editing program from Photoshop CS5 to "Photoshop Elements"?

(more)
As a Lightroom instructor, I would like to demonstrate editing with Photoshop Elements as the default editor.  Because Photoshop CS5 was installed prior to installing "Elements", the default editor remains Photoshop CS5.  Without uninstalling CS5, how do I make "Photoshop Elements" the default editor in Lightroom.

I believe I can change the "Additional External Editor" in the Lightroom's preference file ("Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs") but I see no reference to changing the "default" editor.

CoyoteButtes

Re: Changing Default Editor in Lightroom 3
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:30:02 pm »

I believe that the only way to get Lightroom to use Photoshop Elements as the default external editor will be to uninstall Photoshop. Victoria Bampton discusses this in chapter 9 of "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 - the Missing FAQ."

Stan

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Changing Default Editor in Lightroom 3
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:11:51 pm »

You can, however, make Elements appear on the Edit In menu. Not default, but available. Edit > Preferences > External Editing than use the Additional External Editor section to make your settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up