Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Galleries Suddenly Look Too Light  (Read 1042 times)

Bill Wisser

Web Galleries Suddenly Look Too Light
« on: May 07, 2011, 12:10:48 pm »

I've been happily making web galleries for many months using Lightroom's web module -- and they looked great! The web gallery images appeared exactly the same in terms of color, saturation, contrast and brightness as they appeared in the Develop module. But suddenly, about two weeks ago, every new web gallery that I made appeared slightly over-exposed.

I mean that I'd tweak all the images to my satisfaction in the Develop module, but when I made the web gallery, all the images in the gallery appeared slightly but noticeably lighter.
Switching back to the Develop or to the Library module, all the images looked perfectly correct -- but again going to the Web module and to the finished web gallery, they looked too light.

What's causing this?

Is there sone control or preference I need to change?  Or has the Web module somehow become corrupt?

In any case, how can I fix this? Would reinstalling Lightroom be a painless solution or would I lose my presets and so forth if I do that?

I depend on web galleries to show my clients their pictures. I put a lot of effort into tweaking the images just-so in the Develop module, and I desperately want to get accurate web galleries again!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Web Galleries Suddenly Look Too Light
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »

I just tried to reproduce your results (which I have not encountered before but just in case because there have been a couple of LR updates since I last did a Web Gallery) and I don't see any difference from what I've done before.  Are you viewing the images within LR or the external web viewer?  If anything there should be less color vibrancy as the LR is Prophoto and I believe the Web Galleries are sRGB but you shouldn't see a big difference in the overall exposure of the images.

Bill Wisser

Re: Web Galleries Suddenly Look Too Light
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 03:54:27 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

The overexposed rendering of the web gallery is visible both in the Web module and when viewing the gallery on line in a web browser.

This phenomenon has me baffled, because I normally get excellent, accurate renderings in Lightroom web galleries, and I don't know why this suddenly changed in the middle of April.
Pages: [1]   Go Up